Chapter 3 - More Running

"Talking"
"Whispering"
'Thinking'
Timeskip/Meanwhile

(A.N.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few examinees can be seen passed on the very large set of stairs, while the rest are doing fine. They are still climbing the stairs, but the end is nigh.

Random Examinee: "I can't take another step..."

Random Examinee: "Th-this is it..."

Y/N, Gon and Killua soon quickly pass these 2 people, completely ignoring them.

Killua: "I'm impressed you can keep up with me, Gon, and I'm impressed you've managed to stay ahead of me, Y/N."

Gon: "Really?"

Y/N: "Thank you."

Killua: "Or maybe it's just that everyone else is too slow. Man... The Hunter Exam is gonna be a breeze. That's no fun."

Y/N: "Agreed."

Gon: "Hey, Killua, why do you want to become a Hunter?"

Killua: "Me? I'm not really interested in becoming a Hunter."

Gon: "Huh?"

Killua: "I heard the exam was supposed to be really hard, so I thought it'd be fun. But this is disappointing. What about you, Gon?"

Gon: "Well, my Dad's a Hunter. So I want to become a Hunter, just like my Dad."

Killua: "Hmm... What kind of Hunter is he?"

Gon: "I don't know."

Killua: "Haha! That's kinda weird."

Gon: "Really?"

Killua: "You want to be just like your Dad, but you don't know anything about him?"

Y/N: "I must say that is kinda funny."

Gon: "I was raised by Mito-san, so I've only seen my Dad in pictures."

Y/N/Killua: "Mito-san?"

Gon: "She's my Aunt."

Killua: "Oh..."

Gon: "When he was 16, my Dad took the Hunter Exam. He passed and became a Hunter. Then he left the island. I want to find out why he chose to be a Hunter over being with me."

Killua: "Huh... Why'd you choose to become a Hunter Y/N?"

Y/N: "Well like you I also wanted to see what the exam was like. But I also want to find out more about this world, see what it has to offer. After all, there's always something else to explore, and there are some things only Hunters can do, so I needed a licence for that. My brother was a hunter as well, so I wanted to be like him."

Suddenly, they see, quite literally, the light at the end of the tunnel.

Random Examinee: "The exit!"

Random Examinee: "Whew... Finally, I can get out of this dark tunnel!"

Seeing that the end was in sight, the trio decided to run even faster than before, with Y/N clearly being better in terms of speed.

Satotz: 'Now, let's see how many made it this far.'

Just after Satotz reached the top of the stairs, before he had even a chance to turn around, Y/N had already passed him.

Y/N: "Haha! Yes! I won!"

Just as Satotz was about to finish turning around, both Gon and Killua passed him simultaneously.