VI

« unexpected »

[I may leave a TW for some people :)) have fun reading!]

       Time has flew by so quickly, that the few years of kindergarten had ended. It was time for y/n and Megumi to say goodbye to their amazing caretaker Inumaki.
            It was quite sad, but they promised to never forget their caretaker who did a great job.

           They decided to do a surprise gift for Inumaki to show how much they cared about him and how nice he was to them.
           Megumi and y/n thought it was a great idea to give him a keychain with a piece of lego, some of Inumaki's favorite chocolate, a figure of their favorite book character, and a picture of themselves so he could take the picture and place it somewhere to remember his two favorite children he once took care of.

        Inumaki really really liked that gift y/n and Megumi got him. He was crying happy tears and was speechless.
          That gift really meant a lot to him.

        Again, time flew by fast forward. Y/n and Megumi are now 12. Treehouse has been their hangout place for every week. They are pretty great best friends.
        Supporting and taking care of each other is their own jobs for each other.

         It was a new weekend day, y/n got up from their bed and went to change their clothes. Y/n picked a grey oversized sweatshirt, a simple white shirt underneath it, and put on black sweatpants/leggings with a colorful pattern socks.

- Y/n's pov -

         I sat on my bed opening my phone out of boredom. I decided to watch some tiktoks since I had nothing better to do.
        I was scrolling while I saw a notification pop up. It was from my best friend, Megumi.
          I quickly opened that to see his message:

Megumi:
Hey, wanna hang out today?
I have nothing to do and I'm kinda bored

Y/n:
Yea, sure
I'm also bored af

Megumi:
Hahaha
Yea i believe that
so, meet you at the treehouse?

Y/n:
Yes, where else

Megumi:
Okay, see ya

         I closed my phone while slightly smiling. I ran downstairs to the kitchen to get a little snack and then walked over to my dear treehouse, with Nugget next to me.

        I was sitting in my little 'cave' playing with Nugget as I heard approaching familiar footsteps to see a taller boy open the door.
        "Hey y/n!" a greet with a happy tone and a sweet smile came from Megumi.
        "Hi megumi!" I replied with the same energy.

         He sat down next to me and patted Nugget's small head.
         Nugget was really happy with Megumi's appearance. They had a great relationship.

        We were hanging out and just chatting, giving Nugget some attention.
         Suddenly, Megumi seemed to remember something and started searching through his pockets.

        He looked at me and smiled his sweet smile:
"Here, look, I made us friendship bracelets!"
        Megumi handed me a bracelet with y/fc beads and pearls.
       He was also holding a bracelet which had dark blue and light blue colors.
  Those were his favorite colors.

       I slid the bracelet on my arm and looked at its beauty. That was a wonderful gift to receive. I thanked him with a hug.

       Time had passed and it seemed that it was getting late and the sky was also getting darker.
       Megumi had to arrive home before it was dark outside, so it was time for him to leave sadly.

        I went to the doorway to say my goodbyes to Megumi and he suddenly hugged me, it felt warm and amazing. He went to his dads car and waved at me, I also waved back as the car started moving away.
       I went upstairs, changed my clothes and went to bed.

- A Little Time Skip -

         I woke up to sun shining in my face. I got out my bed, got ready for the day and went downstairs to eat breakfast.
  I saw my parents have sad faces, so I asked them: "Whats wrong?"

          After when I had heard what happened, I couldn't believe it. No, It did not happen. What. No. NO.
         I fell on my chair in disbelief. I never thought that could ever happen to me.

       I.. I lost... I LOST MY DEAR NUGGET...

       I went a little pale and ran upstairs without even eating breakfast. I quickly closed the door behind me  and jumped into my bed, crawling under the blankets. I started crying. I lost my mate, my best friend (Not Megumi ofc<3). This world is so cruel.

      Time passes, I'm still crying under the blankets. I heart footsteps approach. They were quite familiar. Suddenly, I hear soft knocking on my door. Still crying, I tell the person to come in, expecting it was my dad or my other dad, I see a tall figure standing there.

       "Megumi? Is that you?" I asked while drying my eyes from the tears.
        "Yes, it's me y/nn." he softly answers in a calm tone. I smiled a little on his sudden appearance.
        He comes over to my bed and sits next to me. He started to caress my hair softly, which made me feel better. "Your parents told me to come over to comfort you." he whispers to you. "I'm glad you came Megumi." I answered in the same tone.

        I sat up so I could give him a hug, but he was quicker. I hugged him back. His hugs always felt so warm, gentle and comforting. I love them so much.

        Just with Megumi being with me made me happier and forget about Nugget's death.
        He told me to lay down a for a little, then went out of my room to get something. As i was waiting for him to come back, I almost fell asleep but there he came.

      He had brought me my favorite snacks, cookies and drinks. He had also brought popcorn with him, "So, what movie you wanna watch?" my eyes shined in happiness as I saw that we are going to watch a movie. "Ha, I already know what we are watching!" he says in a happy tone and puts on your favorite movie.

The day went as you two watched movies and series together, also you forgetting about what happened before. He made sure you ate and drank aswell.

***

[1065 words]