(1) KokoSara ☁

I. Hand

Throughout her life, Kokomi hasn't been touched all that much.

Her role as Divine Priestess, by its nature, demands a certain level of separation from her people, a sacrifice of physical comforts in exchange for a closer connection to the Divine.
She doesn't mind, of course. She wants nothing more than to give the people of Watatsumi Island the most prosperous lives that she can, and if this is what she must give in return then that is a discomfort she's willing to endure.

She has her novels to keep her company, after all, and she's always been certain that just reading about the soft connections within their pages is just as good as the real thing.

Her delusions are shattered when Lumine asks her to help her deal with a Fatui incursion on Yashiori.

Almost as soon as General Kujou spots her, she walks over with a look of determination, grabs her right hand, and gently pulls it upwards to softly whisp her knuckles with her lips.

Lumine and Paimon stares. Lady Kamisato, also along for the trip, stares. Kokomi's face feels like it's on fire.
General Kujou seems to catch on to the extreme awkwardness in the air when the silence stretches for too long, looking back and forth between everyone present.

"Ah, did I do it incorrectly? I am afraid that I was previously unaware of the custom, and must admit that I am unpractised, I did not mean to cause offence."

Everyone once again stare at her.

It is only when Paimon, far more loudly and verbosely than strictly necessary, starts asking what precisely it is that she was doing that General Kujou starts to fluster herself, nervously shifting her eyes back to Kokomi.

"G-Guuji Yae generously instructed me that this was the proper way to greet an ally of higher standing on Watatsumi Island. Is this not the case?"

Miko. Of course. The Kitsune loves to play pranks on everyone, and General Kujou has always struck Kokomi as being particularly singled out, the Guuji expressing frustration with how excessively reverent and trusting the Tengu could be in the letters they exchange.

In fact, the last one even, rhetorically, Kokomi had assumed, pondered if said reverence extended to other Head Priestesses too, and ominously, in hindsight, promised test it out at some convenient time.

When Kokomi snapps out of her thoughts, Lumine and Lady Kamisato are both watching Paimon loudly admonish the frazzled looking Tengu for trusting Miko, herself insisting that she has no reason to mistrust the Kitsune.

Paimon is so loud, it makes her head thump.

"Actually, Madam Kujou, Watatsumi share greeting customs with Narukami."

Silence again stretches out, Paimon looking smug and General Kujou's face slowly colouring the same shade of red as the mask strapped to her head.

"Oh."

She looks painfully embarrassed, the kind of embarassment that makes you break out in cold sweat. Before anyone can react, she clears her throat, stretches her back straight as a board, and stammers out a "P-please excuse me for a moment." before turning on the spot and walking away.

She already avoided eye contact, but she barely looks at Kokomi at all for the rest of their excursion.

II. Cheek

Lumine was responsible the next time Kokomi met General Kujou as well.

She'd suddenly turned up at her hideout on Watatsumi, simply declared "Sara needs friends, and honestly so do you. Come on." Before placing a strange looking teacup on her desk. Before she knew it, the entire world was spinning and twisting, and when she next opened her eyes she found herself on in front of a strange building on top of a mountaintop she'd never even heard of before.