(1) YanTao 🔥

Yanfei is just so, so tired. She's trying her best to be better, but it's impossible. Every day, only one word lingers in her mind.

'Why?'

She asks the same question every day. Not to herself, but to Hutao.

Hutao was her entire world, she was always so bubbly and bright. Nothing and no one could ever bring her spirits down. Yanfei was always with her. What once used to be "Yanfei and some girl", became "Yanfei and Hutao." She doesn't know exactly when it happened, but it did and Yanfei wouldn't want it in any other way.

The pink-haired girl looks at the apartment in front of her. Her knees feel weak already. She brings her shaking hand up to the door knob and slowly opens it. Just as the door opened, the events of that day comes back to her like a tsunami.

Yanfei can feel tears forming, and her breathing becomes unbalanced. Fuck.

'Calm down, Calm down. It'll be fine–'

"But it's not fucking fine! It'll never be."

Yanfei falls to the ground. All the efforts she's made to keep it in are gone as she has a full-on breakdown in front of the doorstep. She feels so pathetic.

Why? Why me..? Whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy—

Yanfei remembers. That dreadful night. And everything went downhill from there.

It was rainy, and Hutao has been absent for the entire day. So, naturally, Yanfei got worried. She was pacing around the school's gates, an umbrella in one hand and a phone in another.

Xiao told her that Hutao was probably sick but Yanfei won't believe that. Hutao never misses a phone call, especially from her girlfriend.

Yanfei told Ganyu and Xiao that she would go home in a few minutes, but those minutes became an hour, and that 'hour' became 3 hours.

She feels horrible for lying to her friends, but she can't help it.

'Dammit 'Tao, just answer my phone calls or my texts.' Yanfei quietly prays.

As time passes, Yanfei grew restless. In the end, she decided to just go to Hutao's apartment.

She had gotten way too many weird stares, if she stayed any longer, she might've had the police called on her or something.

Yanfei starts walking—or well, running to Hutao's apartment. Yanfei just knows something is wrong. She just can't figure it out.

"Ugh!", She grips her hair in frustration. 'Useless fucking legs, get me there faster.'

Yanfei usually doesn't lose her cool, but now? She might as well go insane.

She makes an effort to check her phone as she's dashing there, still seeing the 'unread' button on the texts that she sent Hutao. God fucking dammit. After what felt like hours, she finally gets to the apartment. Ah yes, how could she ever miss the apartment, with its bright red door and its...interesting decorations.

She knocks on the door, surprised to find out that it's unlocked.

'Shit.'

The uneasy feeling inside of her grows even worse as she enters the apartment. "Hutao? It's me, Yanfei." She says, sounding way too out of breath for her own good.

"Hutao?" She calls again.

No answer.

"Taotao? It's me, I wanted to check up on you. Are you alright? Are you feeling unwell?"