oh baby hold me tight (falling into you)

summary

Minchan swears he's not just being dramatic. There is a legitimate risk of falling out of the cabin and dropping straight into the deep blue ocean underneath their feet.

He thinks he regrets agreeing to their Netherlands trip.

He isn't so sure anymore when Hoyoung holds his hand.

***

trigger warning:

fear of heights

***

word count:

1,659

"Shitshitshitshitshitshit—"

Minchan feels like dying. Not because he's done something incredibly cringy again and the post-adrenaline clarity is settling in earlier than expected. That would've been bearable, since he gets that feeling like fifteen times a day for a mere second before it dissolves into proud shamelessness but this. This is terrifying.

He originally imagined it to be sort of heroic, actually, because he knows it's his survival instincts that are kicking in. But he doesn't feel very brave when there are like thirty other people with him on the ferris wheel and nobody seems to be screaming as much as he does.

They're up in the air, five, ten, probably ten thousand meters above the ground, at least that's what he feels like. Well, above the waves, Minchan mentally corrects himself before continuing to screech his heart and soul out of his (yet) living body. The cabin is shaking. It's fucking shaking and it fucking wants him to die on the first sunny day since they've arrived at fucking Scheveningen Beach last Saturday.

Yongseung shoots him a glare but proceeds to grin at the view of the ocean, unfolding endlessly underneath the ferris wheel. Minchan assumes his awestruck eyes follow the waves as glistening fringes of foam still roll over the sand they've been walking on merely five minutes ago, when Yeonho hadn't yet spoken out Minchan's death sentence by suggesting to get tickets for this monstrosity. Next to Yongseung sits the overenthusiastic gremlin himself, snapping pictures with his phone from every possible angle of their cramped cabin.

The last person in their cabin is Hoyoung, who doesn't care much about the view nor the height and lets his gaze wander aimlessly, like he's bored. He's not entirely apathetic though, when the monstrosity stops to let new people enter the cabins that are at ground level currently, he nudges Minchan's shoe with his and smiles. Minchan appreciates it but it only works for the short time they're hovering in their place. Another shriek escapes his throat when the cabin jerks and moves again.