ANCESTRAL MANOR

DANEIL RODRIGUEZ

I waited patiently in the branched off cave waiting for Yurani and JP to return they were gone for more than seven hours. The snow storm had gone silent an hour ago. I heard sounds of foots fall into the cold stone floor. I and Raj looked at the entrace at the same time. JP entered first followed by Yurani which is currently totally changed. Her height was nearly five feet ten inches, her eyes darker and skin had a glow that shone through the darkest of dark nights and sharper than the sharpest of swords. She held her head up regally and in authority I doubt anyone can muster. Her scars looked more prominent and impressive now. Her black raven hair which first reached her mid back are now cascading down her waist.

It felt as if she had grown quite a years in last few hours. "Bhabhi Ma." I heard Raj said as he touched both of their feets. "You look... fatal." I said unable to find a correct word. Obviously I didn't got a reply. She had her black sword strapped at her left shoulder, her quiver strapped to right side along with the heavy golden bow I saw her fighting with but what caught my eye where the two new daggers strapped to her forearms. Their sheath have a very intricated designs which are in some other language. "We are leaving." Jai said as he wore a thick cloak around himself and handed Yurani another one with a black scarf. Hidding her identity but not the murderous aura around her which is becoming intense per second. We nodded as we rode through the ankle deep snow leaving behind our prints.

YURANI ALEKHYA

"You said it never snowed this far." I asked as looked into the frozen tundra. Everything looked frozen. "It happens once every tens or twenties of thousand years or so. According to the fables and folklores. Never saw this ever before." He mumbled looking around the frozen world. I nodded as I looked at the east sky the sun will be up anytime. On this entire journey I never saw any traces of Xavier. He is gone from what I heard but I highly doubt that he is gone just like that. Something is happening and something is not normal. The wary glances I got in last two days are enough to prove that. Before mid day we are standing infront of the ancestral manor of Rodriguez family.

"When is this constructed and by whom ?" I asked immediately as my eyes fallen on the beautiful manor made from blue walls and purple roof now covered with a small layer of whitesh snow. The manor appeared to be highly decentralised but beautifully together. It's only two storey but brilliantly crafted. "Four hundred backs. It had seen twelve generations of Rodriguez. As for by whom I might have to look into the information." He answered probably wondering why I cared. In last two days I never spoke more that three words at same time and not more than five times. I just never felt the need to talk or listen. The style is too similar to a places I know.

"My grandmother Lady Thlisa." Daneil said as a lady in her late sixties came into view in her peach colour gown and properly placed cap and her hair in a elobrated updo with fakest smile on her face. "What's problem with your family and fake smiles ?" I retorted as I got down from Tejas who huffled in agreement with me. I patted his neck in adornment. A hint of smile graced my face as it got hidden by my black mask. "Look like you got company Your Highness." She said with respect fakely. "I will always be your Daneil grandma." He said grinning. Another reason I like my father more. He is never fake. If he didn't like anything atleast he say that on our face and if can't he keep quite. "Am I homesick ?" I questioned myself and Tejas rolled his eyes as if sensing my inner dilemma.

"Luke, Elani and others and suprisingly the Da'camino family had arrived here yesterday." She said with a slight happiness in her voice. Strange I thought as we stepped through the foyer of mansion to inner courtyard and walked through the long way to the main manor. It was really beautifully constructed. A outer foyer building to receive guests and a inner buildings for family members. Most of the buildings are like miniature two houses with large windows connected by well paved roads and gardens like a imperial fort but on small scale. The houses and pavements are now covered with light snow. I looked at Jai and he nodded at me confirming my doubts. "You didn't introduced your friends to me Daneil." She asked with slight irritation in her tone.