GHOST FLEET

YURANI ALEKHYA

Few sea birds dared to jump into the freezing cold water to catch the fish when I heard a slight creaking of loose wooden boards behind me. "Your reflexes are on spot Your Majesty." A head filled with black hair peeked out from behind the barrels. I arched my eye at the stubborn and idiotic Marquis. Yet feeling that he is someone of my own calibre hadn't left yet.

"Marquis Da'Claire. What do I own this pleasure to meet you. Look like the last beating from the hands of Lion gaurds isn't enough." My sarcastic remarks didn't lessen even an berth of grin from his face. As if he had already mastered the art of ignoring others.

"Ahh. About that. Does Her Majesty really think that I can be beaten up by those guards. No doubt those are one of the best I have ever seen and I have seen a lot nit they still lack a bit to best me into miserable state." A slow smirk spread on my face. This person is on my level of cunningness.

"So what can I do for you ? I doubt you wil have anything I need." My languid voice spread over the large empty deck.

"I need you to protect something. More likely someone. She is on a personal and professional mission. A thing which we need and have nearly lost our life for. She had to collect that things and escape unscathed. Her Majesty have unfathomable command in mid Bharatvarsh. A single wave of your hand will be sufficient for her extraction."

The words are said casually but no one other than me can sense the heavy trepidations behind those word. For someone like me who had lived two lives through heavy conspiracies of inner court how can the men who braved war and court can con me. He is definitely at his wits end or else he would have never even thought of approaching me.

"Who and What ?" I asked the most important questions. I am not good person who will fight evil with good and do free goodwill. For me this is just a fair trade.

"Princess Rudrayamini of Kamboj." He said flawlessly. I stared at him for a single long minute. "In exchange of this." He said forwarding me something I never thought I will get this soon. Green jade pass with a engraved golden colour panther which seemed to be prowling. I sucked in a cold breath but immediately my eyes narrowed.

"Looks like the identity of your birth mother is definitely not simple Xavier. I highly doubt a measly Marquis from a founding country will have the power to contact a forgein princess as well as aquire such a find treasure. But don't you think this is too little." His eyes narrowed as well before he signed in defeat. A proud smile covered my lips.

"This pass a little to no use to me. I already process two and skin will try to acquire how many as possible. My aim is not to find some unknown treasure but to eradicate the things that cost thousands of sufferings to me. This won't effect me much. You still dare to underestimate my intelligence. Using me to deal with one of this calamity. You surely know how to con others." I said with disdain and casually flung the jade pieces to him knowing he will catch it.

His face shown a lost look. I turned back and began to go back to my cabin. But he stopped me. "How about another deal ?" He asked with a helpless expression. I stared at him.

"You clearly need to reach Bharatvarsh as soon as possible. I will provide you with one of the fastest ship. The queen of ghost fleet, The blue smoke. I will be able to take you till halfway Erythraean Sea. From there on there are many merchant ships that will take you to Suryagadh. I promise you will reach your destination within six months."

Before I can reply Jai's voice echoed from behind. "To use the most terrific Ghost Pirate fleet and able to produce the jade pass of Skull Pirates you should definitely be their leader right."

Xavier's mood deflated. He raised his eyes and turned his head towards Jai who was standing near the sails. To see that even I was unable to sense his presence his skills are really a notch above me but on one on one battle who can tell.

He gave a defeated sigh. "Yes that's me. Master Captain Panther of Ghost Pirate Fleet. I can provide all of you a safe passage from here to halfway Erythraean Sea but from there on its not my territory yet. I can just arrange for some ships to take you to your kingdoms."

I shared a look with Jai.

" Can we trust him ? " He asked through the telepathy.

"Yes. He is already at his wits end or else he would have not even dared to contact us. Look like we hot the weak nerve of his under our area." I generally have my affirmation.

"But I have another request. A fast passage is not too much. My brother is not that wastrel to stall time for another eight months and ships from Alwar can send us direct to Suryagadh in eight months. The request is not big is just that I doubt if you have the guts to aquire it."

I added casually as I say the deep debate in his eyes. If he agrees it will be a great help or else a irritating nonsense. Now it depends. "What request ?" He gulped nervously. I handed him a paper slip aware that Jai will not ask me about it. Xavier's face grew paler and his eyelashes fluttered.

"Remember. The degree of request will be directly proportional to the degree of effort I will show in helping your aid." I added with a savage grin.

MASTER CAPTAIN XAVIER (erst. while Marquis Da'Cameno)

I looked at the leaving ship and my heart quivered. I gulped down the fear developed in my throat. What a frightful pair of husband and wife. Totally incorrigible.

"Captain. Why do we have to listen to them. Aren't they afraid that we will kill them onboard ?" I landed a slap on my second in commands head. He winced and rubbed the forming bump.

"Idiot. Do you it that simple. Who do you think own Shark fleet ?" I scowled at him. His eyes shown sudden enlightenment. Of course the Shark fleet are owned by Alwar otherwise how can there position in world was this unsakable.

"If we killed them which is impossible do you think we will live. We will lose three or four layers of skin to fight with them and we can then forget about our goals. We won't even get Master First Mate Eagle's body." I glared at him.

"Find the whereabout of this things. We need to get this as soon as possible." I forwarded him the slip that Yurani Alekhya gave me. He nearly fainted by reading the name.

"Xav.. is our condition really that dire... To get this thing. I think ... that Island is a human grave." Victor's voice quvired in terror.

"Of course. The situation in Bharatvarsh is more dire. All the kingdoms had turned against each other. If it wasn't for that one piece of map I would have never allowed her to go back to that hell hole. Not to forgot due to her awakward and special parentage her father will most likely use her as pawn. And the only thing that can protect her add those two. The king and queen of that game of chess." I said motioning towards the already long gone ship.

Bharatvarsh is currently a forest with multiple king where only one can preside and other either will be killed or subdued. If it wasn't for lack of options I eont have turned to these two but the only other option was Hind Kush. I got goosebumps as I remembered the only one time I had a encounter with their merchants on pure coincidence.

I can let Rudra die or get myself killed while rescuing her rather than asking those monsters for help. I looked at the simple plain strip of paper.

"Set the voyage. Fifteen knots towards Floresta Amazônica islands. Set the sails." I ordered as the ship began to pace towards the exit of harbour. Exiting my fatherland for forever. I hope I never have to return back to this place.

I threw the slip into water. The name was printed in my head. The venom of bealmorth. A venom from a mystic creature that was never discovered. But according to records. It should be found in a island of Floresta Amazônica. More importantly one of the most deadliest island. The venom I'd said to be have the potential to kill thousands of people with a single drop. I sincerely hope Yurani Alekhya didn't had mass genocide in her mind when she asked for this calamity.

Well the chapter completed sooner than later. And if any one is interested in ghosts, demons and paranormal horror and thillers. My new book. The castle is available and published uptill ten chapters. Please give it a chance. You won't regret.