REGRETS

RACHAL DA'CAMINO

(former princess of Devgiri under name Saranya Rachana Devraj)

"They are monsters. Each and everyone of them." I heard my daughter shout in fear as she saw them all leave the room with top speed. I can feel the trepidation in the air. Only Daneil had remoted idea of what happened. Whenever one of the royals go through shift it practically forces all other transitioned royals to through it as well. "They are abomination. I can't believe with that devil's span is even related to us." Charlotte shout out. I turned at her with a glare. "Dare to repeat it Charlotte." My glare intensified on my own daughter. "What are we going to ignore that... That things clearly." She said her face pale yet she mirrored my old self clearly. I use to act same like that in past. Self centred, arrogant and selfish.

That became the cause of my true diminish and I can feel it might become cause of my daughter's diminish as well. "They are not monsters." I said in much normal tone. "Then what are they ?" Arianna who was quite till now asked for first time. "Legends." Is my only answer.

PAST.....

The light rays filtered through the tent gaps as I opened the flap and stepped on the soil. Bhramagiri is only three days away but due to disadvantageous terrain we will reach exactly on the day of Silver Assemble. Which is definitely not a problem my main problem at present is that one of my beneficiary and best friend Shekhar Krishnamurti the crowned prince of Sandhvik Dynasty is here to meet me. I am unable to understand what can be this important that he had come to meet me. He can easily wait as we catch up in Bhramagiri. Maybe this assemble is like a trap as father suggested. My mind said as I partially agreed with it. My horse came to a stop as I reached where Shekhar's camp is settled. He brought only a few helpers from what it look.

I nodded as one of the soilder took reins of my horse and led it away as I walked in the anomious and ridiculously coloured purple-blue tent. Shekhar is mussing over the table where a large array of papers are striven like flies. "You came." He looked at me in shock as I cleared my throat. I looked at him irritated. "Of course I came. You sent for me." He nodded his head absent mindedly and went back to his work. "You won't believe what I found out." He said as I peered over his shoulder on the table. Various records are striven. Few held text, few held diagrams of few mechanisms and few suprisingly held paintings of weapons. One of them being the ancestral bow of Devraj. The one no one was ever able to lift in past hundreds of years.

Others held pictures of formations. I frowned at them. "What are this ?" I asked frowning at the highly yellowed and deteriorating pages. I am suprised they are not fallen victim to termits yet. Shekhar is always the weird one. And from always I mean always. While other heirs focused on war strategies and politics, you will find him in any darkened corner of library buried in mountains of manuscripts and records. But he is as cruel as me if not more. That's the reason no one dared to undermine his position in Sandhvik Dynasty. His sister on other hand is total recluse and rarely meddled in politics more focused on being a perfect mother and skilled in works of a wife. I doubt she had ever spilled blood of other person while Shekhar and mine kill count is mounted in four digits.

"You remember the ancient seal." I nodded. Few years back we unknowingly stumbled over it. After we eradicated few tribes which are resisting to our rules and authority a little bit too much. A direct order from our parents and a chance to prove ourself as future monarchs of our respective kingdoms. Of course not a single person involved lived long enough to tell the tale. They died a quick death except few who questioned too much or resisted too much. We never regret it. Hell we were too happy when we found that they were gaurding something with their own lives. After a quick work on the lock which seemed older than our damned kingdoms themselves we found a very much beautiful map carefully folded and equally beautiful seal.