Chapter 1

My name is Y/n. I'm 23 years old and I live in South Korea, although I'm from {your country}.

I have an ordinary life. I live in a small apartment in Seoul and I work in a supermarket which is also a night shop.

I really like this job. It took me a while to choose my path, but this quiet life is enough for me.

My parents wanted me to become a great sports woman. They were both very athletic and signed me up for dozens of sports. I never managed to practice them.

I never liked sports...

Society wants us to be beautiful, slim and athletic. I'm not particularly fat, but not particularly thin either.

When I was young, people said that I was the 'grandmother', the 'handicapped', the 'old'...

I hated those nicknames.

Now that I am an adult, I have managed to create a circle of friends. We are a bit the girls 'rejected' by Korean and even global society.

We met 4 years ago, when I came to study in Korea.

List of my friends and why they are rejected:

-Min (she is a lesbian)
-Suna (she is a foreigner)
-Hanneul (she is fat)
-Yunmi (she is gifted)
-Sukgong (she is authist)
-Yamin (she is transgender)
-Minseo (she is handiccaped)

We are all very good friends. Our differences are our strength.

We love to see all 8 of us, but it's a bit complicated with everyone's schedules. Hanneul and Minseo are my neighbours, they live together, that's why I see her more often than the others.

Anyway, today I have to go home with my shopping bags. I don't know if I'll manage it, since I stop every 1 meter because it's too heavy.