part three

so last night i went to sleep at 4 in the morning, then i woke up to my new neighbours making a lot of noise, sounded like they were drilling holes in the walls.

"SO, MAX seems cool. Pretty too." Lucia says smirking towards her brother.
Rolling her eyes at his sister Jude says, "What are you getting at?"
"Oh nothing. I just think she'd make a good partner for you." Luci reply's, keeping her eyes on the road.
"Then you date her." Jude sasses crossing his arms like a child.
"I was just joking if you don't want to date people yet, that's okay." Lucia comforts her brother.
"No I do, I just don't know Max very well. Plus I don't think I'd know how to ask someone out." Jude mutters.
"You like her." Lucia says with a teasing tone.
"No! I just think she's pretty." Jude huffs.
"Awww Jude!" Lucia teases leaning over to pinch her brothers cheek. Slapping her hand away Jude replies, "Yeah yeah. Atleast I'm not completely inlove with someone who clearly feels the same way yet I won't ask him out because I'm scared of rejection."
Placing a hand on her heart The brown eyed girl says, "Damn. But Steve doesn't think of me that way." Jude face palms at his sisters words,
"Oh my god you are so oblivious it hurts."

PULLING UP infront of their house Jude and Lucia get out of the car Lucia locking it as Jude swings open the front door, "Mom! We're home!" He yells out into the big house.
"Hey sweetheart, did you get the movies?" Donna says pulling her son in for a hug.
"No, Luci did crash the car though." Jude says sarcasm lacing his words.
'angel eyes' by abba playing in from the kitchen.
"Look into his angel eyes, you'd think your in paradise.." Lucia sings quietly dancing to the music.
"You look into Steve's angel eyes." Jude snickers, walking his way to the living room.
"You know, I like Steve. He's a good boy. Keeps the light in your eyes, plus he's helpful and handsome too. You've got a good man Luce. Keep him." Lucias mother comments pointing a finger at her daughter before walking to the lounge to find her son. Lucia walks to the kitchen and places the bag of movies on the island before skipping to her room. Pushing open the door, the first thing she notices is Steve's sweater. In the exact place she'd thrown it not last night but the night before.

- VIDEO STORE GANG -

"AWE HAS someone lost their confidence." Robin teases, "But seriously where's the overly confident 'all I need is my hair' Steve gone?"
Looking at the short haired girl Steve whines, "I don't know Rob! It's like I'm not nervous when I'm with her or anything but when it comes to telling her how I feel I just freeze up."
"Act like you don't care. Makes the ladies go wild." Dustin jokes a grin on his face.
"Very funny man. Very funny." Steve rolls his eyes at the henderson boy.
"Her brother seemed cool." Max blurts, not actually thinking before she speaks. Everyone looks at the redhead, her eyes going wide, scared as to what they're going to say.
"You like him." Robin smirks.
"I do not." Max returns crossing her arms.
"You so do." Dustin says laughing slightly at the girl he once crushed on.
"Oh I'm so telling Jude." Steve states laughing.
"Hey! You do that then I'll tell Lucia your in love with her." Max retorts raising her brows and pushing herself off the counter.
"No you will not!" Steve points a finger at the redhead menacingly.
"Anyway! I don't like him like that. End of story. Okay?" Maxine says her gaze falling between the others.
Dustin and Steve nod in agreement.
"But you think he's really cute right?" Robin asks with a knowing smile on her face.
"Shut up." Max says her cheeks heating at the girls words.
They stand there in silence for a while, Max going back to looking through movies, Dustin talking with Robin and Steve leaning on the counter.
"I ship it." Steve shrugs.
"Steve. Drop it!" The redhead says pulling on her headphones and pressing play on her walkman, drowning out the background noise.

"WHEN ARE you seeing Lucia again?" Robin asks, slumping down the wall to sit next to Steve.
"I don't know if I'm honest. She's going to the game in a few days, maybe I'll see her there." The brunette replied.
"I'm glad you found someone who makes you happy, Steve. Even if you can't pluck up the courage to tell her." Robin smiles over at him.
"I could say the same thing to you, Rob." Steve says knowingly.
Steve and Robin have come quite far. Going from strangers to friends to Steve having a crush on Robin to Steve finding out Robin likes girls to now being best friends.
"I know. One day I'll tell her. And one day you'll tell Lucia because otherwise I might have to take her from you." Robin laughs.
"I'm glad we're friends Rob." Steve thanks giving the short haired girl a smile.
Returning it she says, "Yeah me too."

- LUCIA -

SNUGGLED UP in Steve's sweater Lucia smiles, happy she found Steve.
Steve and herself both went to Hawkins High but their paths never crossed. Lucia was shy and quiet, nothing like Lucia today, and Steve was the 'King' of Hawkins High, he was popular, a ladies man, and also kind of a dick. Lucia knew of Steve, everyone did, she thought he was handsome, but she would never talk to him because he wouldn't give her the time of day. He wouldn't know or care who she was, let alone that she even existed.. Or so she thought.

PAINTING, ONE of the many talents Lucia possessed. That's what she's doing. Painting one of the projects she never got round to completing, it was her mother, the person she looked up to the most.
Dipping her brush into the diluted acrylic paint she hears her brothers annoying voice ring out, "Oh Luci-lu, may I come in?"
Her eyes not leaving the painting, she bellows out a 'Yeah!'.
Pushing open his sisters bedroom door the first thing Jude notices is his sister, Lucia, sat on the wooden floor, face hovering over a small canvas and a tray of paint laid out beside her.
"What are you doing?" Jude asks sitting beside her on the hard wood floor.
"What does it look like I'm doing, idiot?"Lucia mumbles.
"It looks like your painting." The blonde boy replies.
"Bingo. I'm finishing my painting of mom." Cia says looking up at her brother to see him looking at her with furrowed brows.
"Cool." He says and they fall into a silence as Lucia goes back to painting.
A few minutes pass and Lucia speaks up, "Is there a reason your in my room, little brother?"
"No, I just wanted to tell you something." Jude starts, his sister humming in response, "I really love you, Lucia, and I look up to you."
Hearing this, Lucia puts her paintbrush down and looks up at her brother.
Pulling her brother into a hug she says, "I love you too, Jude. More than anyone else in this shitty world."

part 3 finished. i stopped mid-writing to bake brownies. totally worth it though, they are so good.