part five

hey sweetheart. how are you doing?

THE GAME starts and within maybe 30 seconds Lucia is already lost. She was never a fan of sports if she's honest. The only time she ever enjoyed gym class was when she got to watch Steve play. He's gorgeous. Even when he's sweaty and playing basketball. She was always content sitting on the bleachers with a book just admiring him playing.

NUMBER TWELVE. Jason Carver. Hero complex mixed with cocky 'everybody loves me' 'all the girls want me' attitude. That's what he is. Before the blonde got with Chrissy Cunningham, Hawkin Highs resident 'it girl', he hit on Lucia all the time, often told her he liked the 'quiet' type. The guy was a classic pick me. He was younger than her by around two years and even with her constant rejecting he still assumed she wanted him.
Some dude on the team gets hurt, Lucia kind of feeling bad for him, until she sees who's taking his place. Lucas Sinclair. Lucas and Lucia go pretty far back. She used to babysit him and his sister, she always felt for Lucas and his gang of friends because throughout middle school they were bullied. Lucas was a good kid, fun to be around and an amazing friend, Lucia always wanted the best for him. And seeing him play on the court made her day.

THE GAME goes on and Lucia finds herself seemingly enjoying the game. The team calls a time out, grouping into a huddle.
Coming back from the time out Jason makes a shot ultimately missing and Lucia honestly feels like laughing at his poor attempt, knowing that he most likely insisted it should be him taking the shot. That is until Lucia sees Lucas get a hold of the ball, dribbling a little way down the court then planting his foot, turning toward the hoop and making a shot. The whole world feels like it's going in slow motion, Lucia bringing her hands to her face with hope, praying that the ball makes it in. Two seconds become none as the ball is still flying toward the hoop. Lucia rising to her feet brows raised and hands clasped infront of her mouth. The ball hits the hoop, rolling round the edges, everyone watching with anticipation.
The ball falls through the hoop and with that a swarm of cheers make there way through the crowd, Lucia turning to high-five her brother while slightly jumping on the spot.
After the cheering dies down Jude and Lucia start making their way down the bleachers, Lucas seeing Lucia and running straight over to her, grasping her in a hug. Returning the hug, Lucia congratulated him, "You did so well! I swear that's the first time Ive enjoyed a basketball game. I'm so proud!"
"I was shocked when I saw you on the bleachers, honestly I've been waiting for the right time to come say hi." Lucas starts, the two pulling away from eachother, "But thank you. I didn't expect to make that shot."
"Don't ever underestimate yourself, Lucas." The older girl says noticing that his basketball friends are waiting for him, "Looks like your friends are waiting, you best get going."
"Sorry I couldn't have stayed to catch up, I missed you Luci." Lucas says an almost guilty look on his face. "It's fine. Ill come over at some point. But I missed you too." She says as the Sinclair boy brings her in for another hug. She wraps her arms around him once more before pushing him away, "Now go! Stop keeping your friends waiting." Lucas simply smiles at the girl before jogging over to his friends.

JUDE AND Lucia make it back over to her car and as Lucia is about to get in Steve's voice calls out, "Hey Cia!"
Turning round Lucia sees Steve walking over. She turns round to her brother to see him nodding at her, giving her the okay. She starts walking to him, meeting him half way, "Hey, Steve."
"I didn't know you knew Sinclair." Steve says brows slightly furrowed.
"Yeah, I used to babysit him and his sister. He's a good kid." She reply's, her eyes travelling over his face.
"Yeah, he is." The brown eyed boy starts, "I'm sorry about Brenda."
Lucia puts her hands in the pockets of her jacket, shrugging slightly as she speaks, "Why are you sorry? It's not like you cheated on me." Even though it feels that way. She wanted to say.
"Feels that way." Steve mutters under his breath. Lucia tilts her head hearing what he said. "Why's that?" She questions, seeing a look of panic quickly wash over Steve's face.
"I- What do you mean?" He stutters.
"Why does it feel that way?" She questions, clearer this time.
"Erm. I mean we've been sleeping together for months. I just-"
"Pick me up at eight." The dirty blonde haired girl states. An unreadable look on her face.
"What?" Steve asks, slightly dumbfound.
"Pick me up at eight." She repeats with a slight shrug.
"Why?" Steve inquires, still dumbfound.
"Because we're going to go for a drive, then have sweaty car sex." Lucia smirks, "Only if you want to, of course." Steve's jaw falls open, brows raising slightly, as his head whirls with feelings. He decides not to speak, stepping closer and closing the gap between them, his lips pushing against her own. After a short while, he pulls back, his hand coming up from her waist to push part of her hair behind her ear, "Ill see you at eight."
And with that, he turns away, walking back to his car. Now leaving Lucia dumbfound, her jaw slightly slack. That is until her brother slams his hand on her car horn, shocking her out of her lusty state.