part six

hey pretty people! i hope your doing okay!

THE NEXT morning Lucia woke up to Steve scrambling his clothes on, "What are you doing?" she grumbles, rubbing her eyes.
"I'm getting dressed, I'm gonna be late for work!" He says frantically putting on a pair of trousers.
"Can I come with you? Ill be chill." The brown eyed girl asks, sitting up in Steve's bed.
"Fine, here, put that on." Steve says tossing her one of his shirts, "And hurry up! I cannot be late!"
Lucia slips the shirt over her head picking up her folded denim skirt and pulling it up her bare legs.
"Okay! Jesus. I think you'll be fine." She laughs, standing up and running her fingers through her hair.
"No I will not. I do not want to be fired!" Steve rambles slightly walking in front of her and grabbing her face slightly before breezing out the room in a flurry.
Laughing to herself, she follows him into the bathroom, sliding in between him and the sink, quickly getting rid of her left over makeup as the Harrington boy sorts out his already, perfect hair. As she goes to leave the bathroom, Steve grabs her wrist pulling her into him and placing a soft kiss on her lips, "Sorry, I'm just stressed."
"I know. It's okay, honestly." Lucia reassures, leaving his grip to walk down the stairs of the Harrington house.

LUCIA AND Steve make it to family video a minute before his shift starts. When they walk in Robin is already there, anxiously tapping her fingers on the counter before spotting us and rushing towards us, "Steve! and Lucia. But Steve! I have to tell you something." She speaks following Steve as I walk up and seat myself on the counter.
"It's about.. You know who." Robin says glancing over to Lucia for a brief second.
"Should I.. leave?" Lucia says, feeling like she's intruding.
"No! No. I just- I'm not sure..." Robin half mutters to herself before,"ilikewomennotguysi'mgayandihaveacrushonthisgirlbuticantpluckupthecouragetoaskheroutandidontknowwhatimdoing!" Robin pours in one breath, shock written on her face about what she just confessed.
"Cool, who's the girl? Would I know her?" Lucia asks looking over at an anxious Robin. At Lucia's words Robins face beams with both shock and excitement, "Your not, mad?"
"No. I don't honestly care if you like boys or girls but i'm happy you were able to trust me with that." The Darke sister smiles, turning to Steve to see him already looking at her with a look of.. adoration?
"Well her names Vickie. I was stood next to her at the game the other day, we're both in band. She's amazing." Robin explains, smile lingering on her face. Steve and Robin start stacking movies while Robin explains what happened with Vickie, "Then Vickie laughed. And it wasn't a cheap, fake laugh either. It was like.. It was a real, genuine laugh." "Of course she laughed, Robin. It's my muppet joke. It's hilarious." Steve comments, plucking movies off shelves.
"I didn't laugh at that joke." Lucia states, shrugging her shoulders.
"Yeah, pretty sure you did." Steve retorts with a look.
"No, I don't think so." Cia smiles, tilting her head at him.
"My point is that Vickie laughed and everything was just like, it was, perfect." Robin interrupts, hands waving around in the air as Steve scales the shelves, the freckled girl following closely.
"But?" Steve questions, eyebrow raising slightly.
"But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous and the words, they just, they keep spilling out and it's like my- my brain is moving faster than my mouth, or- or rather my.. my mouth is moving faster than my brain. And it's like i'm digging this whole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop digging but i can't. And I'm doing it right now arent I?" Robin ramble, looking between Steve and Lucia.
"Yeah, you are." "Yup." Steve and Lucia say at the same time. Sighing, Robin stumbles into backwards into the wall, while Lucia sneaks off to the bathroom, letting the besties have their moment.

"EH, WE both are." Steve says, crashing beside her. Robing turns to face him, "We're pretty much in the same boat. I mean we've both found the girls of our dreams, but just can't get the courage to ask her out. I mean, I literally have to psych myself up just to talk to Vickie. Meanwhile, you on the other hand, have had sex with Cia over a million times and you are inlove with her yet have no idea what to do about it." Steve hums in agreement, scanning the room to make sure Lucia isn't there. "So we're both useless and both need to get a grip and admit our feelings, right? But we aren't going to do that, so let's face it-" "We totally suck." Steve finishes.
"Totally and utterly.." Robin says, staring into space, "Oo! I think I found our morning movie!" Robin races over to a shelf, "Doctor Zhivago!" Pushing off the wall Steve groans, "You know I don't do double VHS." Waving his arms as Robin holds the movie to her chest. "But it's about doomed love." She argues.
"Oh, well that's relatable." Steve shrugs, grabbing a movie cart.
"Precisely." Robin states walking round the counter, "Also, Julie Christie is b-b-bonkers hot in this. Like seriously, the most beautiful creature I have ever seen in my life" Steve follows behind her.
"Well, can't argue with that." Lucia says walking back in and finding her place back on the counter.
Steve and Robin look over at her, as Robin switches on the news, "We're in Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County. We don't have a lot of details right now, but we can confirm, that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning."
"Holy shit.." "..although we are told they are currently in the process of notifying the family."
"So we have a killer in Hawkins.. great." Lucia concurs, sarcasm evident on her face. Steve and Robin glance at each other, a knowing look on their faces, Steve walks over to Luci, standing between her legs, hands placed on the counter either side of her, "Can I kiss you?" Lucia nods, leaning forward, hands moving to his face, "You don't have to ask, Steve." With that his lips press against hers, slowly moving against one another.
"You guys are gross." Robin grimaces looking over at the pair.

THE DOOR open, the three looking up. Max and Dustin walk in, "Hey, Steve." "You see this?" Steve says motioning to the news.
"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asks, not giving Steve an answer.
"Someone was murdered." Steve states, pulling Lucia closer to his side. Again, getting no answer, Dustin asks, more urgently this time, "How many phones do you have?" Looking as Robin, Steve answers, "Two, why?" "Technically three, if you count Keith's in the back." Robin adds, a look of confusion on her face. Dustin turns to Max who confirms, "Yeah, three works." Dustin slings off his backpack, "What are you doing?" Steve asks, before the curly haired boy tosses his bag over the counter, Robin immediately standing up, "My pile!" Wide eyed, Lucia backs up a little, out of Steve's arms. Dustin throws himself over the counter, knocking Steve's tapes off as he goes. "No, no, no! My tapes! Dude." Steve says his hands going up to run through his hair, "What are you doing, man?" Dustin seats himself at the computer, looking over at Lucia, "Hi, Lucia." then looking back over at Steve, "Setting up base of operations."
"Base of operations?" Robin perks up, confused. Max joins, the four behind the counter going to stand by Dustin as he types ferociously.
"Get off of that!" Steve scolds. "No, I need it." Dustin argues.
"For what?" Steve returns.
"Looking up Eddie's friends' phone numbers." Dustin says as if it's common knowledge, Lucia just standing back and watching the scene unfold.
"Oh Eddie. Your new best friend Eddie. What, do you think he's cooler than me because he plays your plays your nerdy game?" Steve said, seemingly jealous as Dustin groans in annoyance, "Yes. I never said that."
"Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday you can play around in here like toddlers, but it's Saturday." Robin says re-stacking the tapes, "Its out busiest day." She slams the sign back on the counter.
"Alright, Robin I totally empathise, but this cannot wait." Dustin says, clearly not caring in the slightest. Steve groans, hands pressed against his forehead.
"What, cause calling all of Eddie's friends is an emergency?" Robin retorts as Steve turns to her.
"Correct!" Dustin says.
"Do you want me to strangle him or do you want to do that?" Steve asks Robin, her responding with, "We could take turns?"
"I- could you fill them in while I do this, and you know maybe start from the very beginning so Lucia's not completely clueless?" Dustin stutters to max.
"Fill us in on what?" Robin retorts, looking over at Dustin.

that's part six done for ya. i just got home from therapy. it was a nightmare.