part seven

hm. my brother spit chewed carrot at me today. nice.

"YOUR BEING serious, your not joking?" Lucia confirms, completely shocked. parallel universes. creatures without faces.
"I wish I could tell you we were joking." Dustin sighs. Lucia looks over at Steve to see him looking down, completely avoiding eye contact.
"Holy shit.." Lucia mumbles. lucas and erica are caught up in this..
"We know it'll probably take a little while to process and we aren't asking you to help us, just please don't tell anyone." Max pleads and all Lucia feels for the girl is pure empathy. Her brother was killed, she had to watch.
"I won't tell anyone, but I want to help." Lucia says causing Steve's head to shoot up, "No! Your not getting anymore involved than you already are." He points a finger in her direction.
"I want to help. You aren't stopping me Steve." She states, attempting to shut him down.
"I'm not going to risk losing you." Steve says, his voice wavering slightly.
"I'm a tough girl, Harrington, I'll be fine. I'm not going to sit back and let people I love get hurt." Lucia argues.
"Okay! We don't have time for arguing! Let alone your twos sexual tension. I mean seriously admit your feelings already." Dustin yells, mumbling the last sentence.
"What can I do." Lucia asks.
"Just sit tight and look pretty." Robin says with a smile. Lucia smirks at her, looking over at Steve who is clearly annoyed at her choice to help.

"WITH EVERYONE managing their assigned job, Lucia's only choice is to sit tight and look pretty, perched on the counter, messing with a few random tapes.
"Alright, Doctor Zhivago," Steve says walking over to a girl, movie in hand, "its a double VHS. It's long, but that's because it's filled with action and romance, and a little suspense." She watches as Steve flirts with the brunette, practically glowing green with envy.
"So my boyfriend won't, like, totally puke when I bring it home." The nameless brunette questions and Lucia feels almost on top of the world, hearing Steve get shut down.
"Oh you- your boyfriend? Uh, no no he's gonna, he's gonna love it, yeah." Steve stutters, defeated.
She gets the movie and Steve is faced with a both smug and jealous looking Lucia. He walks the brunette to the door.
"See ya!" She shouts.
"Yeah, see ya later. Alligator." He pauses, "God damn it."

STEVE RETREATS back into the store at about the same time Max slams her phone down, "Hey guys, I might have a lead." At this everyone turns to look at the redhead. "Seriously?" Dustin asks, astonished.
"Yeah." Max answers, "Apparently, Eddie gets his drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."
"That sounds promising. And where does this Reefer Rick live?" Robin quizzes.
"See that's the thing. No one knows." Max says, "He's more of a legend, than someone that people actually know." Max shakes her head, confusion laced in her voice. Lucia perks up, "Guessing, by that, you don't know his last name?"
"Yeah, no one knows." Max confirms.
"Bet the cops know the last name." Steve shrugs, messing with tapes, as everyone turns to look at him.
"What?" Lucia says, completely dumbfound.
"Cops." He repeats, everyone just looking at his with furrowed brows, "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system."
Lucia shakes her head, amused that he thinks that would actually work.
"The cops?" Dustin starts, "Really Steve? That's your suggestion?"
"I mean- I just think, at this point, they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on." Steve attempts to justify his words.
"You think eddie's guilty, don't you?" Dustin accuses.
"Whoa. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit. I just, you know, don't think that we can rule it out." Steve argues, making max and Lucia pull a face at him. Even Lucia believes Eddie's innocent, Steve's just letting his jealousy get the better of him.
"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve." Lucia states. Dustin agrees, "And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck, if you'd spent less time trying to make Lucia jealous and more time trying to find Eddie." Lucia nods at the kid, honestly enjoying watching him call out Steve.
"Oh, well somebody has to attend to the customers." Steve bickers, hand motioning round the store.
"Especially if they're babes right?" Lucia jokes, sarcasm and annoyance practically dripping off her tongue.
"Hey, not fair. I attend to all customers equally. Babes and non babes alike. We've got a very big selection in here. It can be super overwhelming for these people. So maybe you should stop being jealous." Steve scolds, making Lucia scoff.
"Yeah, it can be." Robin puts in, turning to sit at the computer.
"What are you doing?" Max questions.
"Maybe we don't need a last name." She enlightens, Lucia, Max, Dustin and Steve surrounding her, "Twelve Ricks have accounts here." "That's a lot of Ricks." Lucia half-jokes, feeling Steve's front press into her back, his hand coming round waist.
"So let's narrow it down." Robin suggests, "Rick Alderman's latest rentals are 'Annie' and 'Dumbo'. What are the chances out drug dealer has a family?"
"Not likely." "Slim to none." Max and Lucia say at the same time.
"Alright. Rick Conroy, 'Sixteen Candles', 'Teen wolf', 'Romancing the Stone'." Robin lists as a wave of no's chorus amongst the other four.
"Okay. Rick Joiner. Uh, 'Mask', 'Footloose' and 'Grease'." The short haired girl says. Again all agreeing it wasn't him.
"Rick Kimbrough, 'The Blue Lagoon' and 'Splash'." Robin laughs, the others joining her.
"Definitely not." Max states.
"No way." Steve laughs, his grip on Lucia getting tighter as he leans his head closer to her ear.
"Rick Lipton, 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' 'Cheech & Chong's Next Movie.' 'Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams.' 'Cheech & Chong's Up in Smoke.' " Robin calls out. Dustin laughs, "Bingo."
"Lipton?" Max questions.
"Spelled like the tea. 2121 Holland Road." She answers.
"That's out by Lovers Lake." Dustin says.
"Middle of nowhere." Lucia smiles, pushing back into Steve.
"It's a perfect place to hide." Robin beams.

RUSHING OUT of 'Family Video' Steve grabs Lucia's hand dragging him to the car, Robin hanging back to lock up, then running to catch up. Steve's car comes to a halt, finally reaching the address. Climbing out of the passenger seat Lucia slams the door shut. The group of misfits reach the door, Dustin pressing the bell numerous times, an annoyed look on his face.
"Okay, well that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve says as Dustin bangs his fist on the door, "Eddie! It's Dustin!" He yells as Steve mumbles out a "Great." looking down at the brown eyed girl he has clutched at his side.
"Look, we just want to talk, okay?" Dustin tries again, Robin wandering to flash her torch (flashlight) through the window.
"Eddie!" The teen screams, "Rick!" He bashes on the door some more. "Reefer Rick!" He drags out.
"Don't scream that." Steve scolds the boy as Max wanders off.
"Rick!" Dustin yell again.
"I- he's not there!" Steve scold, once more.
The young boy persists, "Reefer Rick!" "Just-" "He could just be really high." Dustin says.
"Is that a foot?" Steve grimaced curiously, Lucia poking him in the side making him squirm.
"Hey guys." Max calls, everyone rushing to her, am eerie shed-looking thing in their eyeline.

COMING TO the door of the shed they all pile in, "Hello." Robin says, "Is anyone home?"
Lucia walks around picking up random things she finds.
"What a dump." Steve says, disgusted.
"Don't be rude Steve." Cia scolds.
"Hey, i'm being honest." Steve retorts, Lucia rolling her eyes at him. Steve's hits a tarp covered boat, Lucia furrowing her brows at him.
"What are you doing?" Dustin questions. "What are you doing?" Her repeats.
"He might be in here." Steve shrugs jabbing the tarp a little harsher.
"So take the tarp off!" Dustin gestures to the tarp.
"If your so brave, you take the tarp off." Steve sasses. Lucia now rolling her eyes at the both of them.
"Hey, look over here." Max says, gesturing Lucia over, Robin following closely. Beer bottles and litter covered the table.
"Someone was here." Lucia concludes.
"Maybe he heard us, got spooked and ran." Robin half-jokes.
"Don't worry, Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin retorts, making Lucia chuckle at their banter.
"I know you think your being funny Henderson but considering the fact that everyone in this room, besides Cia, has nearly died about a hundred times, personally I don't find it funny in the slight-" Steve getting cut off as Eddie jumps out and slams him into the wall, broken bottle to the neck.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Eddie! Eddie! Stop! Eddie! Eddie!" Dustin shouts, Lucia running to help Steve, before Robin tugs her back.
"It's me. It's Dustin. This is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right Steve?" Dustin asks.
"Right yeah." Steve breaths out. He still looks good slammed against a wall.
"Steve, why don't you drop the oar." Dustin suggests, the oar clattering to the ground, the noise making Eddie jump pressing the bottle further into his neck, "He's cool! He's cool!" "I'm cool man, I'm cool." Steve whispers, Lucia starting to worry about the man she's grown to love.
"What are you doing here?" Eddie asks.
"We're looking for you." Dustin states.
"We're here to help." Robin explains, still clutching onto Lucia.
"Eddie, these are my friends." Dustin sighs, "You know Robin, from band. This is my friend Max. The one who never want to play D&D. And I'm not sure if you know her but this is Steve's girlfriend, Lucia." Lucia waves, even though she already knows Eddie. Quite well, actually. Eddie's jaw tightened hearing Dustin's words. Steve's girlfriend?

"EDDIE. WE'RE on your side." Dustin persuades, Max, Lucia and Robin nodding, "I swear on my mother! Right guys?"
"Yes. Yes. We swear." Max agrees.
"O-On Dustin's mother." Robin stammers.
"On his mom." Lucia contributes.
"Yeah, Dustin's- Dustin's mother." Steve stutters. The air was tense before Eddie let go of Harrington boy, him grunting as the pressure is removed off his neck. And the suspense dies down. Lucia wanders over to Steve, placing her fingers on his jaw, tilting his neck so she can check it.
"Are you okay?" She askes, her brown eyes pouring into his.
"Yeah, I'm okay." He responds, his only thought at that moment being how badly he wasn't to kiss her.

i had no idea where to end this chapter. so i ended it here. and i hate it, it feels so inconsistent but not? idk anyway, part 7 everyone.