Chapter 11... Flashed Passed

I couldn't believe what I just heard. She never told me this. I didn't know that she had been seeing someone else. I passed her the ball and ran back home. I could feel her eyes on me as I left her alone in the last light of the sunset. I opened the door going up to my room picking up my phone and calling her, soon enough she picked up.

-Hi darling
Why did Adrielle tell me you're seeing someone else for the past eight months?
-What are you talking about?
-You lied to me!
-I did not lie! I don't even know what you're talking about Oliver!
-And you're getting married today?
-I already did..
-Yeah well enjoy your fat guy for your parents bank money

I hung up. I loved her so much. But I hated her at the same time.

The moment I laid eyes on her, growing up I imagined her walking down the aisle in a beautiful white dress towards me. But I never thought that it would be like that with some other guy.
I layed down in bed wondering about my future with her and if we were even together anymore. One thing was for sure, she was already married to that fat guy she told me about. I looked at the time on my phone... 19:30

I went to get a small snack in the kitchen when I heard my phone ring from upstairs. I was going up the stairs when I heard a different noise from the bathroom next to the living room. The noise started to get louder and louder then they both stopped by a doorbell ring. I went to open the door and Noah was standing there with a bucket of popcorn. What the hell is he doing here?

-"Hey Oli!" "What are you doing here?" I had an urge to close the door but I guess I would have to be more patient. "I haven't seen you in like a month after you went to the hospital" He said stepping into my house and putting the popcorn on the coffee table next to the couch, "Why do you have popcorn then?" I asked closing the door. "Well I got the popcorn for you, I'm just about to leave right now" He said walking behind me and opening the door before shuting him again with him gone.

I went back to my bedroom to change but when I was taking off my shirt, my phone rang again but this time no noise was coming from the bathroom. I looked over and it was my mother, when I picked it up she started speaking very quietly almost whispering

Hi darling, are you alright? Are you home?
Yes mom I am home
Oh good ok look, me and dad are about to arrive soon so in the meanwhile just get ready for bed
Mom it's still early
Ok then you can make a snack or something
Alright mom I'll see you in a sec

I hung up the phone and layed down in bed scrolling through insta on my phone when a post from her showed up. It was a picture from about a year ago with one of her ex boyfriends at the beach. I knew that they obviously broke up but seeing her half naked, kissing a guy closely with their bodies touching just made me mad and thinking about this whole situation with her parents just added fuel to the fire.

I lost control and started looking through her whole page. The last thing she posted was three weeks ago. It was in a library and she was with one of her friends that I had seen at school before, her name was Elizabeth. According to the caption they were studying but three weeks ago was our summer break a little bit before we started school and I remember specifically that a week before school no one ever had homework or had to do anything.

Or she could just be prepping... I was overthinking way too much... I had to stop.

But I couldn't. I kept scrolling through her page until I found the era that really scared me, when she was with her boyfriend that year. Steve Black was his name. Of Course the two most popular people in school dated, Steve and my girlfriend. He was a literal copy of Steve harrington from stranger things and that's why i think girls liked him so much. Now "likeD" is the key word because it is a past tense. He moved schools last year from ours to one in Italy. You see, Steve's mother was from the UK but she was half Italian. His father was entirely Italian so he was bilingual. Another reason is that he got all the girls.

I looked at all their pictures together, beach pictures, dates, them kissing, hugging and picnics.
It took me a while to realize she had a little ring on that she had that entire year. I looked through all their pictures together when I noticed she had them in all their pictures except the one she took after they broke up which was one of her at a party with her friends. She didn't have the ring on. I scrolled back to one where she had the ring on and zoomed in even closer and as I squinted my eyes I could notice the ring having the word "promise" So I guess it should have been a promise ring from him to her.

I wouldn't even be surprised if she still had the ring kept somewhere. They did date for a bit more than 2 years and had known each other before I even knew her. Steve was a real asshole when it came to anything and apparently I was the only one who noticed so. He was incredibly rude and he and I were even in the basketball team together but we never got along. Everytime we got out of practice I could see him bullying a kid from sixth grade. It was ridiculous and no one ever said anything about it to him.

I then ran across a picture of her and her passed ex boyfriend before she started dating Steve in the beginning of Tenth grade. His name was Gabriel Gonzalez, he was spanish and he was actually a very good person. He was on the football team and is from spain. Just like Steve, he moved to Spain where both his parents were from. He was bilingual too. Pictures with her and Steve were more aggressive but with Gabriel they were more sweet and romantic.

The pictures that showed up were not of them kissing or anything physical. Instead what it showed was more fun memories like random car drives at night and both of them reading in the library. I soon realized that I never did any kind of thing like that with her. I was a terrible boyfriend. It's like I woke up from a long dream when I started noticing and remembering everything I had done to her. I mean we didn't do anything fun when we officially started dating but before we did we had some memories but nothing like what I was seeing on her instagram.

I scrolled to the very top to her most recent post from three weeks ago with her and Elizabeth. It was the same library as the picture with her and Gabriel. Just as I emerged in my thoughts I suddenly woke up to my room door opening. My mother appeared peeking her head through.

-"Hi sweetheart, I missed you so much!" "Where did you guys go?" I asked sitting up from my bed "I'm sorry we had a work situation" She said. "Mom you know what? I don't even know where you have been going! I have been taking care of myself since the age of six" I said standing up. "Well darling I realize that but we never left without making sure you would be completely safe" She said to me. "Mom I didn't even have a babysitter" She stayed silent after I said that

-"I don't even know what you do!" My parents haven't told me at all what they did for work and I was getting fed up with it. "Sweetheart I can't tell you that information" She responded when my father came up hearing the yells me and my mother were throwing at each other. "You can't tell your own son where you work?!" I was losing my temper at that point. "We want to tell you Oliver but we really can't" She said back.

-"That's absolutely ridiculous" "Ok look, it is very late now so lets just all go to bed" My parents didn't give me a chance to say anything else and they just left my room. I layed in bed once again but with the lights off except for my LED lights. I got in bed with no teacher and some pajama pants I found in my closet.