Chapter 22... Pick up

After three or four hours they announced that everyone's parents were ready to pick us all up. I was going to question my parents the second we saw them. Everyone was still in their gala clothes so it's safe to say we all looked very extravagant.

Everyone went downstairs where our parents were talking to each other like it was yesterday and nothing happened. They had different clothes on... they all went back home then I guess and left us in this shithole.

-"Oh hello darling!" My mother finally noticed me turning away from her conversation while my father was still talking to Joey.

-"What happened yesterday" I didn't even hug my mother, instead I went to my point straight away. "You know what darling I don't know what happened either" She said looking at me. "Are you ok though?" She asked me.

-"Yeah I'm fine" I was going to ask them about this at home, it would be easier that way. In the corner of my eye I saw that Christine was already heading out with her parents as some of the other children already did.

Jack and Finn followed after them. Sofie came closer as her parents were with mine. First thing she did was give her mother a hug then her father which made my father realize that I was already there.

-"Well I guess now that everyone is here we should head home shall we?" My father began speaking. "Walker, not so fast just give me a second" My mother responded before turning to Angela.

-"Well call me later then dear" She said "Absolutely, have a good day" Angela responded.

We walked out where my parents' car was already waiting for us, my father was driving while my mother was in the passenger seat and I was at the back staring at the window looking at the tall buildings, the night sky filled with bright stars.

-"So how did you manage Oliver?" My father asked me while still looking at the road "Manage? There were gunshots where you guys were" I looked at him through the rearview mirror.

My mother looked at my father while he did the same looking at my mother. "Can you tell me what happened at least and not stare at eachother like I'm not here!" I raised my voice a little.

-"Alright Oliver just relax a bit will you?" My mother looked at the road again as my father did the same. It's like they were programmed to do the same thing. It was making me anxious and stressed.

After five more minutes of driving we arrived at our house. I went directly to my room and changed into some comfortable clothes.

I put on some baggy black sweatpants and a light gray shirt. I turned on purple LED lights and stayed in my room. It was only 20:00 but I didn't really want to have dinner yet so I went to the kitchen and got some sour patch kids packages that I have been saving.

I went up to my room again. My parents didn't leave their room so I went back to mine.