01. Welcome to New Orleans

Post Date: 03.09.21

Word count: 2.7k

Based off: The Originals | 01x02 "House of the Rising Son"

A/N: We are now in New Orleans (and The Originals) I hope you're excited to see what trouble Athena gets into here. I wasn't exactly sure which ep to start at, so I just settled on the 2nd ep. I hope it's ok and you enjoy this part. If you'd like, you can check out the updated summary.

--------------------

Klaus and I arrive in New Orleans, the first place he takes me is to the house he is living in, which is of course a mansion.

"So how many mansions do you have?" I ask.

"More than you can imagine," Klaus chuckles. "You can choose any room here. I have a meeting with one of my friends in a bit, but I wanted to show you the quarter before then. If that's ok," Klaus says.

"Yeah. But does that mean I have to come to the meeting with you?" I ask.

"I mean, I had planned on it, but I can bring you back here before then if you'd like," Klaus says, being weirdly nice.

"Why not then. I might as well get to know the locals," I say.

"Great. Now come on, we need to leave soon if I want to show you around," Klaus says leading me upstairs. I follow him and he shows me the rooms I can choose from, including his.

"I think I'll grab this one," I say pointing to the room a few doors down from his.

"Whatever you like, love," Klaus says and takes my stuff into the room. The door opens to a much larger room than I imagined. "Time to head into town," Klaus says and we head downstairs.

As we walk around the quarter, Klaus points out various places along the road before we arrive at a small cafe.

"Well, this is a far cry from last night's party," Klaus says as we walk in. We sit at a table behind the front window as a man across from me waves a waitress over. "Ahhh, in pursuit of the bartender from Rousseau's, I see," Klaus says to the man.

"She's a work in progress," The man says.

"And yet you are, pining over her when you should be eating her for lunch. Well, she must be special," Kalus says.

"I could say the same for you, bringing a lovely woman to our meeting," The man says.

"I'm Athena Dumont, nice to meet you," I say.

"So this is the famous Dumont I've heard about. I'm Marcel, it's a pleasure to meet you. You don't mind her being here?" He asks and Klaus shakes his head. " Alright, the coroner called. He's got my number in case any dead tourists show up," He says.

"Let me guess. Dead tourists with a stamp on their hand and vampire blood in their veins," Klaus says.

"It happens. Someone takes a drunken tumble off a balcony or into the Mississippi, and today, I got two of them to deal with," Marcel explains as he looks behind Klaus and me.

Klaus doesn't hesitate one moment to stop the woman Marcel is interested in, "Excuse me, love. What's that you're studying?" He asks the woman.

"Abnormal psychology," She says.

"Abnormal psychology. Well...perhaps you could help me diagnose my friend over here. He's been a little bit depressed. Can't keep his mind off a girl. He tells me she's a queen. Fit for a king. I think he should cut his losses and move on. What's your professional opinion?" Klaus asks the woman bringing her over to the table.