05. Cursed Objects

Post Date: 06.01.21

Word count: 1.7k

Based off: 01x06 "Fruit of the Poisoned Tree"

--------------------

I come downstairs to see Elijah and Klaus sitting in the day room with classical music playing and them both reading books. A sight I'd never thought I'd see. Until I noticed a girl laying atop the coffee table, now it makes more sense. Rebekah comes walking in not long after me, with the exact same confused face.

"So this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family--vampire book club," Rebekah finally speaks up.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Klaus responds.

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus," Elijah responds.

"And what's this business?" Rebekah asks implying the business is the girl on the table.

"This is a peace offering," Elijah says.

I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish," Klaus says.

"So I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that includes contrition and personal growth, not this nonsense," Elijah responds.

"I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" Klaus says.

"Well, I suppose I'll fetch the rubbish bin because she's staining a 200-year-old carpet," Rebekah says leaving the room.

"Oh, yes," Elijah says.

"This is just weird," I say sitting down on the couch. A few moments later after Haley walks by Elijah gets up and follows her into the kitchen.

"And what's so weird about this," Klaus questions.

"I don't know. It all just seems too normal. And that's saying a lot for me. I'm gonna go find something to do," I say and head to the kitchen.

"They're evil and my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting," Haley says to Elijah.

"Yes. I think it's time we took care of that little problem," Elijah responds.

"I'm all for it. As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?" Rebekah asks dragging the woman's body through the kitchen.

"Probably no one," Elijah says, but after a few moments of thought, he takes it back, " All right. Potentially everyone," He says.

"And that's the Mikaelson's I know and love," I chuckle. A few moments later I hear Elijah call my name from the day room. "Yes?" I say heading towards them.

"I'm not sure how much you may have just heard of what I told my siblings from the kitchen," Elijah says.

"Your plan to unlink Haley and Sophie? All of it," I respond.

Good, you're coming with Klaus and me to make sure my conversation with Davina is uninterrupted. You stay here and watch Haley," Elijah says to Rebekah.

"Why does Athena get to go? I'm much older and more useful. How did I get elected supernanny?" Rebekah protests, but Elijah is already out of the room.

"More importantly, who put him in charge?" Klaus says before we leave the day room. We head over to the church where Davina is living. Klaus and I wait outside as Elijah heads in to talk to her.

"So I agree with Rebekah, why did I get to come?" I ask Klaus.

"Either he sees that having two hybrids is useful or he wants to keep you close. I would do the same," Klaus says.