02. Any Means Possible

Post Date: 03.23.21

Word count: 2.4k

Based off: 01x03 "Tangled Up in Blue"

------------------------------------------------------

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know...the good brother. The one who is now in possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back," I hear Haley say from down the hall.

"This hybrid would like to know the plan as well," I say walking up next to Haley.

"In the front, If we're being specific," Klaus says.

"You two said you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" I ask.

"Ok. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sister, please," Klaus says.

"And thirdly, the plan as you both have demanded is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back," Rebekah explains.

"That's not the whole plan, is it?" Haley asks.

"I don't think he'll just let you have him back," I say.

"Oh, please. Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical," Rebekah says.

"That's only the plan 'A'. There's always a plan 'B'," Klaus says.

"And what's plan 'B'?" Haley asks.

"War," Is the only word Klaus says. Klaus and Rebekah go off to their respective tasks, leaving just Haley and me at the house.

"What's that?" I ask pointing to the book she had.

"It's uh Eliajh's journal, from a long time ago," She says.

"I didn't know he kept a diary. Although it doesn't surprise me," I say.

"Can I ask you something?" Haley says.

"Anything," I respond.

"What's your whole deal with Elijah? I mean I know who you are to Klaus and Rebekah," She says. "I didn't mean to say that in a way to offend you," She says catching my hesitation.

"It's ok. Elijah is like the older brother I never had. When Klaus wasn't there to get me out of sticky situations, Elijah was. He always made sure I was safe," I say.

"It's great that you can have people like them," Haley says.

"You have them too. Yes, Klaus may still be acting like the stuck-up person he can be, but they will look out for you like they do for me, if not more," I say. "Speak of the devil," I say as Klaus and Rebekah walk in with someone else. Klaus immediately pulls me with them into a room.

"Are you out of your mind? No way," The witch, Sophie, says after they explain what they want.

"It's very simple. We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother.," Rebekah Explains.

"What about you uh..." Sophie trails off.

"Athena," I respond.

"Athena. You're probably the most reasonable one here. You know it's crazy," Sophie says.

"Look, I know it's crazy and dangerous. But, Elijah is like a brother to me so I'm with them on this one. Sorry," I say wanting to do anything to get Elijah back.