Chapter 213

C213 - Love Triangles And Love Squares Part3

"What is the meeting about, third brother?" Runyan tilted her head and innocently asked Squirrel, the guy who was almost about to blackout from his heart racing crazily.

He had never been alone with Runyan, at such close proximity.

Squirrel abashedly looked away and mumbled something to rectify his blatant lie. "I think Master might be taking a break from the company and wants to talk to you."

Soon the elevator reached the Research department floor and a loud clang interrupted their awkward silence.

Runyan still didn't suspect anything and casually walked into the laboratory area to find Su Lin.

Only when she was at least ten feet away, Squirrel finally sighed in relief and took a few deep breaths.

And then the realization of Runyan walking to a non-existent meeting dawned on him.

He cursed his stupidity and rushed forward to stop her from talking to Su Lin.

He was determined to not let Su Lin know about this small transgression, else if she really knew what had happened, Squirrel shuddered to think of the consequences.

He very well knew that other than Luther, Su Lin held Runyan closest to her heart.

And he had dared to fall in love with his Master's best friend!

Sweating profusely Squirrel ran ahead, but unfortunately for him, Runyan had already reached Su Lin's desk.

He could even clearly hear Su Lin's voice.

"Meeting? I didn't call for any meeting?" Her surprised voice sounded and Squirrel knew that it was game over.

How could his brilliant Master not put two and two together? Squirrel cringed as he apologetically stepped into the room.

As a last-ditch effort, he hurriedly stammered. "Master, that... I just thought Runyan would want to know about your new schedule. Ah... So she could be more prepared?"

Su Lin looked at him and then looked at Runyan's face and then thought about Monkey's statement of him losing his wife.

That coupled with the fact that Su Han was waiting outside...

Suddenly, everything was crystal clear.

But contrary to Squirrel's fears, Su Lin only grinned. "Oh, I see. I completely forgot. Sorry, Yan Yan. I did want to meet with you." She chuckled.

"I will be working in the lab mainly for the next few months. So please help me by handling all the company matters."

"Take my assistant also. Sorry to dump all my work on you." Su Lin explained to Runyan, whilst still looking at Squirrel with her warm discerning gaze.

"Ah ok, Lin Lin. I don't mind at all. I will take care of it." Runyan nodded. If Su Lin personally requested, it must be important. So she didn't ask for any further explanations.

Since their impromptu meeting was over, Runyan patted Su Lin and was about to leave, when Su Lin smirked and added.

"In case you find anything too difficult to handle, feel free to take your third brother's help."

"Sure, Lin Lin. Thanks in advance, third brother." Runyan nodded and left.

But inside the room, Squirrel was literally shivering. He didn't even have to guess if Su Lin found out his secret or not.

That last statement said it all!

"Master... that... I am sorry." The man had nowhere to hide and decided to atone for his cardinal sin.

Su Lin chuckled. "What a naughty disciple you are!"

The more she laughed and looked friendly, the more scared Squirrel became! He knew his master too well! This was not good. This definitely is not going to bode well for him.

Su Lin watched the grown man squirming in front of her and decided to stop teasing him. She stopped chuckling and solemnly asked him.

"Are you sincerely serious about her?" She asked.

Squirrel slightly shivered at the sound of Su Lin's serious tone. But he lifted his head and met with her gaze. "I am very serious, Master. I love Runyan dearly."

"Then, that's all I need to know. Please take care of my best friend." Su Lin grinned and returned back to her work.

And Squirrel stood frozen in shock with his mouth agape, unable to believe what he just heard.

His scary terrifying Master had just directly given him her blessings to pursue Runyan!! He couldn't believe his ears!!

Snapping out of his trance, he immediately bowed a few times and profusely thanked Su Lin. He then dashed out to share the good news with Monkey.

Su Lin couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of his disappearing figure. She rubbed her tummy and lovingly mumbled.

"Look at that, baby. All your uncles are such scaredy cats."

Little White who was happily watching the antics from the side, confusedly looked at its Master. Who is she talking to? Purr...

But the next instant, the lazy little furball went back to his half-asleep half-awake comfortable life.

Su Lin, as well, was back to focussing on the job at hand. After all, her precious little bun's life depends on it.

She patiently went over all the new research materials Squirrel had gathered in the past few weeks. He had really done an exemplary work at handling this messy research area.

Right now, she desperately needed to find strength tonics that would enable her little bun to withstand the spiritual energy coursing through her body.

In her world, they had specific herbs that could easily produce this effect. But in this world, she no longer had access to these herbs.

Su Lin sighed and stood up from her desk to create a small enchantment array from the Mesodite rocks.

She patiently arranged the rocks in a triangular formation and chanted a verse to activate the array.

She tossed in a cup of water at the center of the enchantment array and chanted another verse to begin the enchantment process.

She needed to wait for 10 hours for this process to finish.

This was her only option for now.

She could at most provide the little bun with only two of these weak nourishment tonics a day and this was nowhere near what she needed.