Chapter 1

"Mr. Raj Singhania" 

"Yes doctor."

"Can you please com here for a minute?"

"Sure doctor."

In the cabin of Dr. Raghav:

"Is everything alright doctor? My wife-?" Raj was nervous.

"She is fine but your child-"

"What happened to my child doctor?" 

"Sir we did an amniocentesis test and the results are not very good. There is a high possibility that your child might suffer from trisomy 21."

"Trisomy?"

"It is a fatal genetic disorder where if the child survives it suffers from congenital heart disease, furrowed tongue and retarded physical, psychomotor and mental development."

Someone knocked the door.

"Sir may i come in?"

"Sure Dr. Arohi."

"Sir Mrs. Singhania is already in her 2nd trimester so we should hurry up the process of her pregnancy termination or else there might be some complications."

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT?" Raj said angerily.

"I am sorry Mr Singhania but i am only stating facts." Arohi was holding the calmest expression one can have in that situation.

"Calm down Mr. Singhania, Dr. you may leave." Raghav said easing some tension.

"Okay sir."

"Raj you have to make a decision." Raghav told Raj.

......

"Hello."

"He..llo Neil-"

"What happened Raj? Tu thik toh h na?"

Raj started crying uncontrollably and told him everything.

"Please bhai jaldi aaja."

"Yeah i am coming." Neil hurriedly cut the call and drove off to the hospital.

Raj and Neil were best friends  and were inseparable since childhood. Neil still remembered the days when Raj and Abhimanyu used to play with him. Abimanyu, his brother had went to Jaipur for about 2 months now for some charity camp and Raj was the only one he had through these months of torture. He would often sleep at Raj's house due to his beloved father Mr. Harshvardhan Birla.

Neil reached the hospital. Raj was pacing back and forth in the hospital lobby. When he saw Neil he immediately hugged him and started crying.

"Neil why it had to be us of all the people?"

"Calm down Raj everything will be alright."

"Neil how am i gonna tell this to Naina."

"Raj these reports are not always right. We'll do something but first you have to tell this to Naina and then we can talk to Doctor...maybe we can find a solution. Trust me kuch nhi hoga hamare champ ko."

"You are right Neil."

"You go to bhabhi...i'll go get some water for you."

"Thanks Neil"

"Arre bas kya yaar itne m hi thank you bol diya abhi toh aur ehsaan krne h tujh par."

Raj smiled and left. Neil went to the canteen.

"What's the point of keeping it when it'll die next moment. How are they even managing Singhania enterprises of thousands of employs with such bad decision making skills?"

Neil heard a voice in the crowd.

"How can you say something like that about someone's life!!" Neil scolded Arohi.

"Excuse me, what the hell..what's your problem?I don't even know you."

"I am uncle of the child you are thinking of killing."

"Even if this fetus is born it either will be a still pregnancy or it'll die in some time. Its better not to give birth if your child is going to be a burden on you and the world."

Neil was out of control at this point.

"YOU!!! Have you lost your fucking mind?! How can a doctor say such things?" Neil almost shouted.

"I am just telling you the reality. Mr and Mrs Singhania  are the one who have to make a decision."

"Are you for real? You don't deserve to be a doctor." Neil was angry and rightly so.

She felt a little uneasy after listening those words.

What does he know about me? I am the best doctor. I am not bad. I am happy. I can smile whenever i want. Everything is in my control. Who is he? He is no one. 

.

She seems familiar to me but i can't remember her. Who IS this girl?

Hi guys hope u all are enjoying this ff. Also i am not very sure about Neil and Arohi's story so please let me know if you have any suggestions regarding it. Like should i make Arohi inherently "heartless" or should it be coz of some trauma. 

Thank you for reading. And please tell me if you are liking it.