Chapter 16

"It was Ashley."

The words had been ringing in my ears all night. How the hell could it not have been Ashley?

Lucas and Caleb were coming over, but I had also invited Olivia seeing as she was the one who called me.

The time had come and my doorbell rang, meaning my friends were here.

"Hey guys, we may have to put movie night on hold for a few hours." I laughed awkwardly.

"Ooh ok, what happened?" Lucas walked in and took a seat on my couch.

"Olivia called. She'll be here later, by the way. It wasn't Ashley who took the photo."

"Who was it?" Caleb pressed.

As soon as he said that, the doorbell rang.

"Olivia can explain herself." I stood up and opened the door.

"Lelani, I am going to sound crazy but- hi Lucas, hi Caleb."

The two boys waved awkwardly from the couch as Olivia made her way into the house.

"It was Anthony."

"Oh my god." My eyes widened and I began pacing.

"Listen, L, I know how it sounds. You know I'm not friends with Ashley."

"No, no. I get where you're coming from. It makes total sense. But how do you know?"

"Yeah..." Lucas stood and stopped me from pacing, pulling me towards the couch, "it does make a lot of sense. But how do you know?"

"I know some people, the pictures that were posted eventually got traced back to him. What I still don't understand is why Ashley was talking about your gates."

"Oh my god." I slapped my forehead.

"What? What happened?" Caleb furrowed his eyebrows.

"I was mad at Ashley because Jordan was cheating on me with her and it totally blinded my judgment. Obviously she would've known about the gates because she saw the pictures. The shots are probably threw bars, meaning she could see that there were in fact gates around my house."

The three of my friends nodded, it all made sense now.

"He literally threatened me too." I let out an airy laugh.

"Right. So what do we do now?" Olivia sighed and sat down.

"There's no proof. There's nothing we can do. Because I'm sure the people you know didn't just happen to stumble upon the fact that it was Anthony, right?"

Olivia said nothing but hung her head.

"So that's it? We just do nothing?" Lucas raised an eyebrow.

"For now. Maybe something will come to me later on, but for now, this is the safest option."

"Okay L, whatever you say. We're here for you." Caleb smiled warmly at me.

"Thank you guys. Okay, so what move do y'all want to watch?"

————

boo! i honestly didn't even want to look at this shit hole of a story ever again, but i read through it and found an idea because when i was actually actively writing this i had no idea what to do. honestly my writing sucked ass in this book, i offer my sincerest apologies. i do believe this will be the last EVER chapter of this book.

thank you all, i didn't really expect this book to gain any sort of reaction but i guess it's nice that it did :)