Chapter 15

The next day at school I heard people whispering about me. I thought it was just because of my outfit, I usually came to school looking nice, but today I was wearing joggers and a sweatshirt.

"Did you see the pictures?"

"Yes! What do you think happened?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back at the two girls who were pointing in my direction.

"Hey, Lucas?"

"Oh, uh. Hey Leilani."

"Is everything alright?"

Suddenly the intercom came on.

"Leilani Sanchez to the office. Leilani Sanchez to the office."

I sighed, "I have no idea what you're talking about, but you're explaining later."

I headed into the office where one of the office ladies pointed towards the principles office. She said I could just head inside. I hesitantly walked over and opened the door.

"Principle Landon?"

"Ah, Ms Sanchez. Please, have a seat."

The principle and school guidance counselor were in his office.

"I'm sorry, but why am I here? What is going on?"

"Don't worry, Ms Sanchez. You are not in any trouble."

"Okay, but why am I here?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, it has been brought to our attention, that you have uhm. Okay, there's no easy way to say this, so I'll just show you."

I gave him a weird look before looking down at the picture laid in front of me.

What the hell?!

"What-how? Where did you get these?! How do you have these?" I quickly stood up.

"Ms Sanchez, please have seat."

"No! You can't just show me pictures of me sitting in front of my house, crying, and not expect me to be calm! How the hell did you get this?!"

"Ms Sanchez. Please calm down, I know this may be unnerving, but there are adults you can talk to here."

"YOU'RE STILL ON ABOUT THAT?!"

Principle Landon looked taken aback and opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by me.

"ARE WE NOT GOING TO MENTION THE FACT SOMEONE COULD BE STALKING ME!?"

"Ms Sanchez," he began, "please-"

"Stop. I'm not having this conversation. I am perfectly fine. I just had a rough night." I opened the door and stormed out, incredibly upset.

I walked right up to Lucas and crossed my arms, glaring at him.

"When were you going to tell me about this?"

"Look-Leilani. I wasn't sure how to bring it up. I mean, I was inside the whole time! Caleb was there too, we didn't know what to do, what to say!"

I sighed and shook my head, "fine, whatever. Now I just have to figure out who took the pictures."

"I'll help you, that's what best friends are for."

"Hm. You've replaced Spencer. He's now second on my best friend list." I said seriously.

He laughed and threw an arm over my shoulder, walking towards our first period class.

"You're something else, Sanchez. Something else, I tell you."

I grinned but then it faltered when I saw Jordan doing everything but talking with Ashley.