Chapter 4

"And NUMBER 1 JORDAN BAKER!" The announcer shouted into the microphone.

I was next to Coach Baker on the sidelines, I knew plenty about football, my father was a NFL coach before he died, so I was helping out.

"Alright so what if we...." I said to Coach Baker, him nodding in response.
———————————————————————————

The cheerleaders called me over. It was halftime by now and the eagles were losing by 4.

"Can you cheer?" One of them asked me.

"I do gymnastics." I shrugged.

"Good enough." One of them said and started teaching me the routine. Luckily, I was in a blue hoodie, and some tight black leggings with mesh crisscrossing against my shin.

Once the performance was over I was out of breath and grabbed a bottle of water to drink quickly.

"Didn't realize you were a cheerleader" Jordan said to me.

"I thought you had to go play football or something?"

"Nah, Coach pulled me out."

I looked at him "Well I'm not in cheerleading, I was just filling in, they were short one."

He smiled, "You know, I really liked that photo JJ posted on Instagram. You know it's gotten a lot of buzz. People can see my face, but not yours. Luckily, JJ cleared up who you were with a picture of you."

"Wait how did JJ get a picture of me?" I asked worried.

Jordan just chuckled, "He got one from your page."

I nodded, ignoring all the whispering and pointing that was going on behind me.

"You know everyone's going to be making a big deal of seeing us together now, right? I think it was the hand placement. You had your hands on my cheeks and I had mine on your waist." He walked closer to me. "We could take another one of those photos."

"Jordan focus on your game. Seriously, look coach is going to put you back in."

Jordan perked up and walked over to Coach. Thankfully, he did put him back in.
———————————————————————————

"JORDAN!" I squealed, "Good job! That was great!"

He looked down, "yeah, uh, so great my dad didn't congratulate me?"

I stop him.

"Hey look at me." I grab his chin and force him to look at me, "YOU did amazing, look I love Spencer and all, he's AMAZING! But so are you, Jordan. You don't need your dad to tell you that. I know you seek his validation, but you don't need it, you ARE amazing, trust me."

He grabbed my waist and pulled me against him, my hands finding their way behind his neck. Suddenly...
———————————————————————————

N/A
I tried to shorten the chapter this time, I'm typing on my phone and my hand is starting to go cramp so I'm going to stop for tonight but I'll write the next chapter tomorrow.