Chapter Seven 》The Boy

As the boy walked to school, he couldn't help but be happy that he was going to see Ben. It was odd. Whenever he thought about Ben, his heart fluttered wildly in his chest, like a trapped bird.

It was kind of weird, it wasn't something he'd ever experienced before. But for some reason, he enjoyed it. He wanted desperately to know what was happening to him, and if it was normal, but he didn't know who to ask.

The only person he could trust was Ben, but what if what he was feeling was wrong, and Ben got angry with him?

The whole situation was making the boy's head hurt, so he resolved to just enjoy the feeling and see what would happen.

He remembered the way Ben held him the day before and the thought of him holding him like that again made him feel fuzzy inside. The boy suppressed a smile as he approached the school, the thought of seeing Ben once more making him giddy.

He loved having a friend.

The boy made his way to the library, praying that by some coincidence Ben decided to come to school early and go to the library as well.

He knew it wouldn't happen, but he could still hope.

The librarian greeted hum as he walked in, and he just nodded in response, as per usual.

After he had slipped his book into the return bin, he walked over to the fiction isle to get another book, but he was stopped when he bumped into a hard chest.

"I-I'm sorry." The boy apologized quickly as he looked up and saw Chase Williams glaring back at him.

"Watch where you're going next time, fag." He snarled, pushing past him roughly as he walked away.

He swallowed his fear and picked out a book. He skimmed the inside cover and sat down to read, forgetting about his encounter with Chase.

I just can't get enough of him. I want him around all the time, and when he is around, I feel like I don't have any troubles at all. Whenever I think about him my heart pounded against my chest, like I'm about to have a heart attack. I think I'm falling in love.

The boy shut the book, realizing something that now seemed obvious to him. He liked Ben. In that way.

He felt himself blush at the sudden revelation, and luckily no one was around to see it.

Apparently he was gay. He just shrugged at that. He didn't see it as something to worry about, after all, he had much bigger problems.

The boy cringed at the thought of his father, and his still healing wounds seemed to throb in response.

He really didn't want to go home. His father didn't bother him the day before, but that was only because he was too drunk to stand up properly. But he was probably sobered up by now.

The boy was shaken out of his thoughts by the bell, to which his heart leaped in response. He would finally get to see Ben!

He hurried to check out his book, and rushed to his locker. He pulled out his stuff and practically ran to homeroom, sitting in his seat and eagerly awaiting Ben's arrival.

The boy watched the door intently until Ben walked in, making his heart flutter in his chest. He quickly turned his away, pretending to be immersed in his book, instead of trying to control his now racing heart.

Ben plopped down next to him with a sigh, letting his things drop onto the desk messily, "I'm so tired, I didn't get any sleep last night." He complained with a sigh, making the boy look up from his book slowly.