𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒.

Tonight was one of the worst nights in Carina's life. Tonight, Carina Black's entire life, a completely cheerful five-year-old, fell apart. 

For those who are lost, the girl had two sets of parents: the Greek gods and the mortal wizards. Persephone gave birth on Olympus, with the assistance of her mother, Artemis and Apollo. Sirius was present, but Remus had to stay in London because of some problems. 

On the same day, the werewolf was taken to the underworld where Carina would spend most part of her first two years, in her mother's care, but both Sirius and Remus were free to come and go from Hades' realm. 

The little girl was welcome to explore Olympus while growing up, spending a lot of time with her grandmother Demeter and even Lady Hera, who had a true adoration for Carina, surprising all the gods as the Queen of Olympus was known to detest demigods.

Her childhood was divided between staying in London with her cousin Nymphadora, who was almost three years older than her or staying with her godfather with her parents. Spend time at Camp Half-Blood, where she just learned history and ancient Greek. In the underworld, where she stayed with her stepfather and mother.

Carina was truly happy, until that night. 

Just like any other kid her age, she wanted to go out for candy, but that year wasn't safe. When it came to James and Lily Potter, it was never safe. They had a one-year-old son and James wanted Halloween to be a little normal for him, so Carina would spend the night with the Potter's, eating candy and maybe watching some kind of scary movie.

Because the family was hiding from Voldemort, they couldn't go out and so the wizards decorated the entire house and hid sweets for the two children to look for. It wasn't what Carina wanted to do, but she was too polite to tell adults about it.

The night passed quickly and Carina was sleeping on a mattress in Harry's room when she woke up startled by her Uncle James yelling something at Lily. Things went too fast and all she remembers was two strange men and a green light. One of them, the one that came first, was the reason for the green light and the pain Carina felt afterward. 

the second man went straight for Lily, ignoring both her and Harry, who were crying. After a few minutes, her father —Remus, came. His face was sad, with a few tears threatening to fall from his eyes, accompanied by a huge man,  Hagrid. The half-giant picked Harry up, but Carina didn't listen to what was being said, overcome by unconsciousness as soon as she felt her stepfather's presence in her mind, taking away the pain she felt.

The truth is, the spell Voldemort cast would be fatal for her if she wasn't claimed as Hades daughter, who immediately felt that his daughter was about to die. Being the adopted daughter of Hades, the Avada Kedavra was weaker, death would not come immediately, and the god managed to prevent it.