𝐢𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

( 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 )

The almost-kiss between Carina and Poseidon put the demigoddess in a bad mood. Once she got back to camp, she just couldn't face Luke, so she made up a lame excuse about needing to go back to Hogwarts as she had a potions project to finish and couldn't do it without a good cauldron. Lupin, of course, was a little suspicious as he hadn't expected the potions teachers to pass such a practical project on to the students over the holidays, knowing that most of them wouldn't be staying at the school, so they wouldn't be able to practice magic.

Luke, on the other hand, didn't seem so affected by his girlfriend's departure, which left the blonde a little hurt. But what Carina didn't know is that the son of Hermes wanted her as far away from the gods as possible.

Her birthday came and went, she didn't even celebrate. She had forgotten. Of course, her friends did not, and on the cold morning of January eleventh, her bed was full of gifts, but the most special one was wrapped in pearly paper. Ensuring she was alone in her room, the demigod opened the package, revealing a sword.

On the note, an extremely elegant handwriting:

'I know that this blade will not let you down, I, myself, participated in the manufacture.

With love, P.'

Poseidon.

The demigoddess looked at the sword with great admiration, knowing it had been forged especially for her.

The mood that had slightly improved ended up getting worse again when Oliver Wood said that the next Gryffindor match would be refereed by Snape. 'We don't even need to train, he would never referee a fair game with us on the field.' Carina complained to her best friend when he got upset with the players' lack of attention in training.

"Pretend to break your leg." She heard Hermione suggest, and decided to approach the trio.

"Really break your leg." said Ron, causing Carina to let out her first genuine laugh since her encounter with Poseidon.

"Please, break mine too." She wasn't joking and Ron frantically nodded his head in agreement. 

"See? She understands." the redhead completed.

"I can't." Harry said, defeated. "There isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all."

"Harry, dear." Carina took the boy's hand and gave him a motherly look. "Gryffindor playing or not, Snape will try to screw us over."

The days began to blend into weeks and quickly the game approached. Carina hadn't dreamed even once about Poseidon and Zeus, nor about the two blonde boys and oddly enough, she was worried.