𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

( 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 )

That morning, Carina was excited for the Charms class. With her demigod side, she wasn't sure whether to pursue a career in the wizarding world or follow in her father's footsteps with classes at Camp Half-Blood, so she liked having all the options laid out for her.

If she were going to stay in the world of magic, auror was an interesting career, for someone who already spent her whole life fighting to survive. Beside her, Oliver looked bored with the class, after all, everyone knew he aspired to be a professional Quidditch player, so anything that stopped him from spending hours on a broomstick was boring.

A few minutes after classes start, Professor McGonagall interrupts the lesson and asks to speak to Oliver, leaving everyone confused. The Quidditch captain wasn't one to get into trouble and not even the Weasley twins had received any detention yet.

With the boy's departure, the class continued normally, and the demigod had no other classes with Wood, which made her extremely curious to know what it was about. It didn't help when at dinner, Harry looked like he'd won an award and Oliver couldn't stop staring at him.

"What happened with McGonagall?" she finally asked, placing the cutlery on top of her plate and turning to her friend.

"Can I tell you later? I don't want anyone to hear." he whispered, as if it were the most important secret in her life. Coming from Oliver, she expected Puddlemere United to have contacted Hogwarts to express their desire for the student.

But the smile on his face indicated that it wasn't a bad thing, so the demigod just nodded, finishing her dinner and waiting for her friend. On the other side of the room, Alexa Burke looked curious too, after all, the Slytherin had a crush on the boy and wanted to know if he was in trouble. Carina just shrugged, not sure of the answer.

𝐠𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫. 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓.

Later that night, Oliver finally found a corner of the common room to break the news to Carina. Apparently, the rest of the team already knew, but with Persephone's daughter's class schedule fully booked, the captain couldn't find a better way to reach her.

"Harry made the team." the boy whispered excitedly. "McGonagall gave her word, said she's seen him fly and he's excellent."

"What?! Oliver, he's a first year, it's against the rules." Carina shook her head, but from the way Oliver was talking, McGonagall had already taken care of the problem. Everyone knew that when it came to Quidditch, the Head of Gryffindor did the impossible.

"I know, but Professor McGonagall said she'd talk to Dumbledore. She said Potter might even be better than Charlie Weasley!" Despite loving her god-brother, Carina was a little doubtful. Charlie was amazing and had received several offers to play professionally, but as far as she knew, he had turned them all down.