Chapter 14 - Mrs. Khan.

"I told you to stay away from my business. I am not a kid that you need to do my work for me." He scolded her once again.

It had become a norm now. Her tears, her questions had no effect on him. He was truly a monster who only cared about his work. Another week had passed since then. The only difference was that Haneen was now back at work so she got very little time to think about their relationship. Things were getting back to normal. Haneen had decided that she would not interfere in his life anymore, no matter what happened.

Currently, she was sitting in her office, trying to get over the fact that he had embarrassed her in front of the whole office today. Every single employee knew about them now and maybe their broken relationship as well. They had come to the office together in the morning and as soon as she was about to go inside by herself. He held her hand and walked with her inside. People were astonished to see their boss and her together. And as soon as Liza gave them a smile, he left her hand, smirked at her and went inside the elevator closing the door before she could reach there. She took the other one later on but still, she had never been this much embarrassed in her life ever before. She sat on her revolving chair, rubbing her forehead when she heard his voice booming throughout the entire office.

"Miss. Haneen. I need you in my office right now." He spoke in a high pitched voice. When she didn't reply or made any move, he simply called out loudly.

"Mrs. Khan. Here. In a minute." He yelled loudly.

She gasped in surprise hearing the new name for her.

As she stepped out of her cabin, everybody stared at her as if she had killed someone. She avoided their gazes and went to his office.

"How long does it take to come to my office that is a few steps away?" He barked at her.

She preferred silence over a heated argument.

"I need you to sort these files in order."

"Excuse me? I am the head of architecture department and not your freaking personal secretary. Call him and ask him." She snapped back at him. She was so pissed at him.

"But I am your boss and I can fire you right now." He spoke stepping forward making her gulp.

"Then do it." She spoke gulping as her back finally hit the wall. "I dare you."

He just smirked in return. "Not so soon, wifey."

He stared at her for a moment and she was lost in his blue oceans. Then whatever happened, she didn't know. She just saw his jaw clenching and his hands fisting into balls. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Go to your office." He spoke, trying to calm himself. She kept standing there, terrified to some extent. "Now!" He yelled making her flinch in her place.

She ran without looking back for once.

The following night, Aaban had taken his pillow out of the room and was sleeping in another room. She didn't know why was he reacting like that ever since their encounter at the office. It was a cold and scary night. She could hear clouds thundering outside. As much as she hated to beg him, she had to do it because she was so scared of storms and thunder. Picking up a pillow and tightly clutching it to her chest, she walked inside the other room where Aaban was busy in scrolling on his phone.

"Aaban-" She gulped.

He looked at her for a brief moment. She was terrified by all the sounds. Just then, the clouds thundered and she flinched at her place.

"Please. I am so scared. Please come back to your room." She almost cried.

"Haneen, Leave! I am not in the mood to argue right now." He deadpanned, rubbing his eyes.