Chapter 1: A Bloody Cubicle

TW throughout book: ED/Bulimia

In the girl's toilets on the third floor, Chrissy Cunningham was crouched on her knees on the floor, picking up dust with the hem of her skirt. It had been a day of cheer practise and fingers down throat, slipping into cubicles every half hour to empty her stomach with bitten down nails.

She lay slumped against the door and wiped the dribbled saliva from her chin slowly, eyes distant and glassy. It was at these times that she felt utterly hopeless. She wished for a pain so intense and debilitating it could consume her, because surely anything would be better than this. Feeling fucking nothing.

The door slammed and Chrissy jumped.

"Are you okay?" someone far off said.

"I'm fine." Her head hit the door and she closed her eyes, feeling it would be better to see nothing at all.

"Okay I um- are you sure?" the voice asked again.

"Please just go." And she left.

Chrissy heard the girl smack a skateboard onto the ground and roll away, a faint song playing through her headphones. She was alone once more and a brief moment of stillness crept in through the walls, but then the door sounded again in three knocks. Chrissy listened for the sound of the girl skating down the halls but it had quietened outside. The only noise lay within the room, a faint tapping of feet on the ground - perhaps the girl had come back.

"Are you deaf, I said leave me alone!" Chrissy yelled out to the bathroom, but the girl didn't respond. "I said leave- I said leave me alone-" she whispered in a hiss of breath, forcing the words out as she groped the door and drew herself up. The bones in her legs had gone soft and her throat burnt of acid and thick mucus, but she grabbed the door handle and twisted it sharply.

"Fucking leave me-" but Chrissy spoke to nothing. An empty toilet block stared back at her as she swayed on the spot, looking at each door that looked ironed to the back of its supporting cubicle. Chrissy stared out under the flickering blue lights. Maybe there had been no sound at all.

She edged back into the cubicle and shut the door but no sooner than she had, she heard a tapping on the door itself.

"Chrissy?" It was her mother. Her mother at school. Her mother was here. Chrissy felt the hairs on her arms and legs lift as she listened to the sound of her mothers low wheeze.

"Do you want to try the dress on now Chrissy? I loosened the back a little to fit you Chrissy. Come on darling , come out of there." Her mothers voice became sharp and higher pitched, drawling like and animal.

"Chrissy dear?" her mother screeched, clawing at the door like some rapid dog. The lights switched on and off and off and off as Chrissy fell back into the cubicle, bending over the open lid as her mothers voice filled the room. Someone would hear, someone had to save her from this. Any moment now, that girl with the stupid music would come back. But no one did. Chrissy listened to her mother cry.

Her legs gave way and she sunk into the corner of the floor, bent up against the pipes as the thing banged on the door outside. Two feet stuck under the door, crawling with veins and arteries that wriggled and squirmed over each other. They tore and ripped and the feet kicked at her door, pounding at the bolts until they began to give way. Sticky blood began pooling under the door and creeping in to lay beside her, and Chrissy kicked and screamed, pushing herself flat against the tiles behind her.

"Open the goddamn door Chrissy or I'll gut you like the fat pig you are." The door pounded as dust flew out of the bolts and into Chrissy's face. She spat and wiped her hands over her face, blurring tears with saliva and dust and mucus.

"Go away. Go away!" Chrissy screamed.

"Chrissy, open this door now, I swear to god Chrissy."

"Go away!"

"Chrissy let me in. Goddamn it Chrissy!"

"Go away! Go away go away go away!" she shrieked, shaking her head back and forth and slamming it against the tiles. The lights above her squealed and hummed, unlike the drowsy hum before. They hummed a tune laced with electricity that flashed through the cubicle lighting Chrissy's gaunt face.

"Can you hear me?" asked the voice, then one more time "Chrissy, can you hear me?", trailing off until it was nothing more than the brush of leaves outside.

Chrissy sat alert and breathing in the cubicle, chest rising and dropping in a broken rhythm. She lay her head against the white tiles, still squashed up in the corner and panting as she gazed around at the stained white walls. With her foot, she nudged the door open and crawled out of the room until she stood pale and shaken with tear stained cheeks in the middle of the buzzing room.

The devil has come to America.

Authors Note

I'm actually so embarrassed I didn't realise people add their own notes and I searched for the note feature for about half an hour.

Anyway... I actually have no clue where this is going like I can't tell if its good or if I've just humiliated myself so lie to me please xx I'm supposed to be revising for my bio gcse tomorrow and just can't get Chreddie out of my head.

Juts wait for the ChrissyxEddie scenes I promise they're coming<3