I can't catch a break...

Toni-
"I slept with Micheal!" Now why did you just go and blurt it out like that bitch? I ask myself as I watch Janet take a step away from me looking away with hurt eyes. Fuck! I try to rack my brain on anything to make this better but no words come to mind as to excuse me from sleeping with her brother.

"You...you slept with Micheal, my brother Micheal?" She asks turning away from me completely and I feel my heart shatter. Why do I always got to fuck up the good shit in my life? Why do I have to ruin everything? "It was in college I meet him at a jazz club and we-" "please don't continue that sentence" she says interrupting me sounding like she is about to puke.

I rub my palms together something I do when I get nervous. "It was just sex I swear and only lasted a couple of months on and off, whenever he was in town. I didn't feel anything for him, I don't feel anything for him baby only you" I say going to move close to her but she holds up a hand stopping me.

"Did you know I was his sister when we met?" She asks turning to me now and I can see the pain in her eyes. I quickly shake my head, "no I swear! When I saw him yesterday that's when I realized it and I wanted to tell you immediately but it was a lot happening but I'm telling you now, I understand though if you don't want anything else to do with me and I will leave immediately" I say to her. She takes a deep breathe before speaking, "I need a minute" she says before leaving the room.

"Fuck!" I shout out before sitting down at the end of the bed. I feel my eyes welling up but I refuse to cry knowing it won't change what I did. A knock on the door startles me and I look up to see Michael peeking his head in and I immediately let out a long groan. "Janets not here" I say rolling my eyes. "I know I just passed her and she didn't look very happy to see me at all" he says entering the room and shutting the door.

 "I know I just passed her and she didn't look very happy to see me at all" he says entering the room and shutting the door

"She broke up with me" I say pouting and he chuckles deeply. "Trust me she isn't going to break up with you over that if anything she is mad that I got you first, she has always been competitive" he says sitting beside me and I roll my eyes. "You always took everything as a joke this is serious, I'm serious about your sister" I say glaring up at him. "Damn I never thought I would see the day that Run Far From Love Toni would be sitting here pouting over a female" he says jokingly again making me scoff.

"What we had in college wasn't love Micheal, what you have with your wife is love" I say to him and he nods. "And what you have with Janet is love also" he says and my heart thuds in my chest. "You think I'm in love with your sister?" I ask and he smiles, "nope, I know you are in love with my sister and you do too so instead of moping around you should be out there wooing your girl" he says bumping into my shoulder and I laugh before bumping him back.

"You are a good friend Micheal" I say to him and he smiles, "call me brother." We both look at each other for a second before gagging, "nope that was weird" "yeah let's never say no shit like that again" we both say before standing up. "Thanks Mike" I say leaning in to give him and hug and he hugs me back before releasing me. "Go get your girl" he says before leaving the room. I take a deep breathe before leaving out after him determined to keep Janet in my life...