Errands

Toni-
"Is everything okay? How is your sister? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I am bombarded by questions as soon as I walk through the door by a frantic Janet who is now changed into a pair of my sweats and my university hoodie. I shake my head placing my purse and phone on the countertop before grabbing her hand and leading her towards my room.

"Thank you for getting the kids home, I hope they wasn't too much" I say as I peep into Caleb's room to see him sleeping hugged up on his teddy bear that he swear he don't sleep with no more. "No they were perfect and very entertaining, you raised Caleb well" she says as I shut the door. "And yet I feel like it's not well enough" I whisper as I shut the door. "What was that?" She asks as I continue down the hall into my room.

"Thank you for tonight, really I appreciate you so much" I say as I turn to my dresser to start looking for something to wear for I can take this dress off. Why do I feel like this dress is suffocating me right now? Why do it feel so tight? "Toni?" I feel my breathe pick up as I look for a loose shirt to wear. I need it off of me now! "Toni?" "Why is it so hot in here?" I ask before giving up on finding the shirt and trying to yank the zipper off of me.

"Hey, hey. Let me help you" I hear softly in my ear and I close my eyes as her hands presses against the small of my back and I jump in panic. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry baby just...tell me what you need" Janet says softly behind me. I take a deep breathe before it escapes me. The sobs nearly hurt as they sound throughout the room, not a quiet sound either. It is lots and heartbreaking. Fitting the feeling inside of me.

"Oh baby come here" Janet says as she gathers me into her arms. We stumble to the bed, her holding me in her warm arms while I break apart. We end up laying down with me curled around her small frame shaking with the force of my sorrow. "Let it out baby, let it out" she whispers in my ear as she rubs my back. Tears crowd my eyes as I weep, I'm just so tired...

The sunlight coming through my window greets me as I blink open my eyes coming to. I yawn with a stretch before I notice I am in bed alone. I look around like Janet is going to pop up before giving up and crawling out of bed. I have a lot to do today unfortunately, starting with taking Caleb to get his gear for the new basketball season.

I quickly shower before throwing on my outfit for the day and doing my hair in a quick updo. I apply a quick layer of makeup needing an extra boost today. I grab my bag and my things before leaving out of the room. "Caleb you ready to go Bubba?" I call out going to open his room door but hearing laughing coming from the kitchen.

I furrow my brows as I head that way instead. The scene I walk in on brings a smile to my face. Janet and Caleb stand at the small breakfast table with their hands crossed innocently as a full spread of breakfast is laid across the table. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, grits, hash browns, and more.

"What is this?" I question confused as Janet comes to pull out a chair for me and Caleb helps me sit down

"What is this?" I question confused as Janet comes to pull out a chair for me and Caleb helps me sit down. "This is breakfast that we made for you" Janet says placing a plate in front of me. "Me? Why?" I ask still confused as I watch as Caleb fills my plate with everything and I know I won't be finishing it all. "Because you are amazing momma and we wanted to show you that" he says smiling at me and my eyes water as I smile back at him. "So today is all about you, you will not be worrying about anything today and Caleb told me you have errands to run so we will do that and you will sit back and relax" Janet says placing a glass of my ice water in front of me.