The Dancer - PART 2

Amari was hiding in the closet from her three year old and one year old, whoever had come up with the term "terrible twos" was not lying. She couldn't do anything without her three-year old, and almost two-year old following behind. She had to come upstairs to the guest bathroom to hide out and snack on some damn cheese sticks.

"Mummy are you in here?" Amari rolled her eyes as she heard the voice of her three year old in the guest room. Amari had never fought kids in her life but she was ready to square up with her own son. The fuck this kid got?Telepathy??

Amari rolled her eyes to the ceiling has the bathroom lock jiggled. Her three year old had found her. She was gon bust through the bathroom door and whoop his ass if he don't stop.
Fuck them kids.

Author: Fuck the kids?

Amari: And they daddy too

Author: Ain't you already-

Amari: You wanna shut up and write?

"Mummy!"
Amari ignored him as she munched on her last cheese stick.

"I can hear you."

What the fuck? He got supersonic hearing now? Swallowing her last bite, Amari sat on the toilet seat wondering if she should wait it out and pretend she wasn't inside the bathroom.

"Mum game not funny no more."

Amari glared at the door, she brushed the crumbs off her top, flushing the toilet, sanitizing her hands and slowly opened the bathroom door to her son sitting cross legged, staring earnestly up at her.

Where the hell was this kid's father? Amari didn't know how many times she had to tell Noah to watch the kids while she did something and it seemed she always ended up doing it. Why were they married again?

"Come baby, let's go find daddy." Amari said, lifting her son into her arms. They made their way out of the room and down the stairs. Amari was careful to watch her steps. She walked into the large living room and saw her husband lying asleep on the lounge chair with their eight month old son cuddled to his chest. A wonderful sight but that still didn't give him a pass, he was supposed to be watching the kids not sleeping.

"Mummy dad sleep." Her three year old said, still in her arms.

"Yes baby, he's sleeping." She answered back quietly. Where in the world was her one year old? Glancing around the room she found his legs sticking out from inside the play tent. Of course he would knock out where no one could find him. Slowly she placed her three year old to his feet with a command not to make any noise. She silently moved around the room tidying it up, gently lifting her one year old and placing him beside his sleeping father and brother. Her three year old watched all this without a sound.

Leaving him in the room Amari headed to the kitchen in preparation for dinner. She was undecided but knowing her luck in the kitchen it had to be simple because she felt dead on her feet and it was only late afternoon.

Walking into the pantry she took a box of spaghetti and two cans of pasta sauce, placing them on the counter. She checked the fridge for fresh vegetables to add but decided against taking them out since she felt too tired to start cooking, her lower back was a bit stiff. With a second glance at the kitchen, Amari walked out and made her way to the living room where her family was. Her three year old played quietly with his toys. Amari felt so tired, positioning herself to watch her three year old. She just wanted to close her eyes for a minute. Just a minute.

~~~~~~~~~~

Amari felt groggy as she woke up. So soft and the blanket was silky. What the hell? Amari jumped up out of the bed. The kids! Looking towards the window she saw that it was dark outside. Damn she slept that long and now the kids must be hungry! Scrambling to right her clothes, Amari hurried to the bedroom door. The handsome face of her husband peeped in.