Delusion

"You ain't married to no white picket fence bitch." spat Kira, tawny brown eyes blazing. "I'm a black woman, remember that."

And with those cutting words, Kira turned her back on Mitch. Mitch Anderson the father of her two wonderful children and her soon to be ex-husband. Kira refused to believe that after six blissful years together, four which they were married for- they were headed to divorce central. What happened till death do us apart? Through thick or thin?

Kira was ecstatic when Mitch had gotten the promotion at work, it seemed like everything was going well for them. Her small business was booming, the kids were making progress in school, the house renovations had finished- but Mitch had to fuck it up by sleeping with that white bitch not once but three fucking times. And then had the audacity to lie to her, to her face.

How had she known they'd slept together? That bitch had the nerve to come talk to her as a woman ad if she knew Kira, talking about Mitch's dick size and how he liked his dick sucked.

Kira had her suspicions when Mitch started coming home late, exhausted and smelling like cheap perfume. She didn't say anything since she trusted him. Trusted him to keep to himself just like she kept to herself but no he had to get his dick wet.

"Can we talk?" Mitch's voice rang out in the air between them.

Kira turned and stared at the handsome black man that stood before her now looking ugly, ugly because of his not so good deeds.

"Talk about what? You fucking Lauren?"

"I never once touched her!" Mitch shouted, dragging his fingers over his low fade. "I never looked or even thought about her."

"That's not what she said, you effing liar!" Kira yelled, throwing the hanger she had in her hands on the closet floor.

"She's a liar! A pathological liar!"

"It takes one to know one!"

"Kira you're not listening to me." Mitch begged, his eyes were filled with hurt and disappointment.

Kira felt the strings of her heart tugged, wanting to give in but she couldn't. She wouldn't give into a cheater.

"I'm listening alright but it's all lies." With that Kira turned her back on the one man she'll ever come to love wholeheartedly and stomped out the room. Making her way downstairs to the kitchen, Kira was glad the kids were at her mom's house so they didn't have to witness this blowout between her and their father.

The kitchen was a white country style with a cozy breakfast nook, the walls off white with yellow trimmings that looked brilliant against the wide bay window which led out to a gorgeous view of the large backyard garden.

Her heart ached, remembering those long days they spent redoing the kitchen and how Mitch had busted his thumb with a hammer-  they'd end up arguing whether he should visit the ER or not. He finally conceded, they went and the doctor said it was only a small fracture, the following week Kira had spent it being Mitch's nurse, being at his total beck and call. They were uninhibited- walking around naked, eating whenever they wanted, sexing on as many surfaces as possible, of course mindful of his thumb. Kira felt a pang of pain in her chest thinking about the good times they had, Oh God what was she gonna do? Kira thought.

Slowly she put the dishes in the dishwasher and cleared the counter top. Settling down on the stool, Kira waited for the kettle to finish boiling. She needed caffeine, some tea. She could feel the headache coming on, the stress of today was getting to her. The kids God, the kids. God I'm asking you to help me! Kira bowed her head in a silent prayer.

Ohhhhh she wanted to kill him! Cheating?? She'd married a cheater! Kira heard his footsteps make their way to the kitchen and she busied herself cleaning the kitchen surfaces. She could feel Mitch watching her intensely but she didn't care.