The day everything changed

Hey guys, tried releasing this last night, not only was it not released, but it completely disappeared meaning I had to completely rewrite it.
————————————————————

A 13 year old boy by the name of Allen Fox was minding his own business in his room, having a grand ol' time, him and his older brother Mitch were left to take care of the house while the rest of the family was out on vacation. Little did he know, today today his life would change in a way he would have never expected.

Mitch: "hey bro, I'm about to go hunting, wanna come with?"

Allen: "do I ever!"

Mitch: "ok, get ready I'm about to go."

Allen gets ready, grabbing one of the .223 lever action rifles, his older brother also grabs a rifle and they go to the nearby hunting grounds. They find a good spot after arriving.

A few hours of hunting later they had killed a couple deer, just as they were about to pack up they spotted a third buck.

Mitch: "you wanna take this one bro"

Allen: "yes"

Mitch: "go for it"

Allen lines up the shot before firing, hitting the buck in the head killing it almost instantly.

And that's when things went south.

The two heard growls and snarls in the near distance, wolves. One by one they showed themselves. four in total. The two tried scaring them off, an unsuccessful task.
One lunged at Allen, but Mitch shot and killed it, Allen shot and injured another, making it and a second wolf flee. There was now one left, and it did so successfully, knocking over and pinning Mitch. Allen tried shooting it, but he had run dry, he had to reload quickly or his brother would be mauled to death. He pulls a round from his coat pocket before fumbling with it, trying to hastily load it in.

Mitch: "Allen! Hurry!"

Allen: "I'm trying!"

Allen drops the round before Mitch was able to reach his fixed blade knife, he plunges it deep into the wolf, it whimpered before falling over.
Mitch got up, using his rifle to stabilize himself, falling over immediately after.

Allen: "Mitch!"

He goes to his brother's side.

Mitch: "you need to get home."

Allen: "I can't leave you here."

Mitch: "you have to."

Allen: "...ok."

Mitch: "there's something I need to give you" *cough*

Allen: "what?"

Mitch hands his younger brother a small key, Allen knew what it was for.

Allen: "isn't it too early?"

Mitch: "they're yours now."

Allen: "ok"

Mitch: "stay strong for mom and our little sister, ok?"

Allen: "ok"

And with that, Mitch died(RIP, thoughts and prayers)

Allen begins walking to the general direction of his house. While doing this, he felt a prick in his neck, a tranquilizer(cliché much?).

He falls over.
—————————————
Chapter done
Hey everybody, I know, I know, first chapter and a character already dies, and it's the cliché "family member dying" critique me all you want in the comments.

Well, anyways, see y'all in the next chapter.

508 words.