Drafted

-One year after, recruiting and drafting office of [unknown], Georgia, USA-

A man was sitting at his desk looking through filed selective service forms, another one runs into the room

Guy: "Jerry! We just got an order issued from the DoD, we've got to send letters notifying everyone on this list they need to get her for recruitment ASAP!"

Jerry: "you got it Tom, I'll start printing them out."

And so he did, but for one reason or another, the name of a certain someone got on the list, someone who shouldn't have.

-at the orphanage-

Tox was chatting with a girl around his age, she wasn't an orphan, but she was still a friend of his.

Tox: "crazy how things are going over in Korea, eh Rose?"

Rose: "yeah, I heard they've had a draft recently."

Tox shrugged.
Tox: "I wouldn't know, none of the nuns let us go on any channels that aren't Disney Channel or Nickelodeon, which sucks because I'm not a fan of either."

Rose: "yeah, Spongebob really fell off, didn't it?"

Tox: "yep, seasonal rot."

A nun walked up to the two.

Sister Maria: "Allen, there's a letter for you, it's marked as urgent."

Tox: "thank you, Sister Maria."

He took it and opened it up, reading the contents.

Tox: "this can't be right."

Rose: "what do you mean?"

Tox: "says here I've been drafted by the US Army."

Rose: "what?!"

Tox: "if I don't go to the recruiting office I'll be sent to federal prison."

Thing went silent for a while, Tox got up.

Rose: "where are you going."

Tox: "I don't wanna drop the soap, Rose."

-take 2-

Tox: "to the recruiting office."

Rose: "Allen, you can't you'll..."

Tox: "If Uncle Sam wants me, fine, don't worry about me... I'll survive"

And with that he made his way to the recruiting office, he'd make an attempt to tell them he was a minor, but if that didn't work, well, there wouldn't be a thing he could do.
He walked in and walked to the front desk, at that point he's the only one in line.

Tom: "hello, I see you've got a letter."

Tox: "yeah, you know I'm 14, right?"

Tom: "nice try, the paperwork says you're 18, so you're 18."

Tox: "uggggggggggggh, fine, give me the damn papers."

He's given paperwork for a 4-year contract and a pen, he signs them all and turns them in.

Tom: "thanks, go down the hall, they'll get you squared away and you can wait for the bus to pick you up."

Tox: "yes sir."

-skip to on the bus-

Tox was on the bus to Fort Moore, completely quiet and minding his own business, he stared out the window until they arrived. When they did he got off with everyone else and made his way to the entrance.

-another time-skip-

After the shark attack everyone was getting sorted into their barracks, and by 10 PM everyone is passed out.

———————

Chapter done.

Hope y'all enjoyed this relatively short chapter, I'll see you in 2027.

512 words.