Chapter 2

"How come your father has so many ammunitions is he a hit man? Or an assassin?" Tolu asked as we made our way out of my house after taking some important things to protect ourselves.

"I actually thought this present situation we are in will make you wiser but unfortunately it seems you became dumber"

"Hey that's not fair; I just simply asked a question"

"You forgot to add stupid; you did not just ask a question but a stupid question. How the fuck would you be asking me what my dad needs guns for when he is a military man and not just a regular military man he is an high ranked military man you dummy" I replied Tolu rolling my eyes while she just frowned her face

"You know for a girl that just lost her mother you should be sober and I should be consoling you but no you decide to pick on me instead" Tolu said still frowning.

"Too bad I'm not normal, it's not like you would be able to console me; I'd end up consoling you instead"

"You know what, you will never change, try and be nice for once, it won't hurt you know"

"I just lost my mother and being nice is not on my list it wont get me anywhere with everything going on now" I replied nonchalantly.

Tolu finally thought it wise to keep quiet for a while, while we continued our journey to nowhere in particular. Everywhere was deserted and dead bodies of those who were unfortunate to be hit by bullets were littered everywhere. I felt Tolu tense behind me and I really felt for her, little does she know this is just the beginning.

"Where are we heading to right now?" Tolu asked trying to keep up with me.

"Honestly speaking I have no idea because nowhere looks save right now. The only place that I can think of that is save is an underground hideout that dad once showed me and this underground hideout is in the bush around mushin."

"Why don't we check the school to see if there is anyone trapped in there?"

"Are you crazy?!" I yelled drawing her to a corner to avoid drawing attention to us. "You should worry about yourself not others. Going back to that school is a suicide mission. The probability that those terrorist will be lodging there is 80% and if they sight us they might gun us down or take us as hostages and you won't want to imagine what they will do to you."

"I'm just worried about our friends and others who may be trapped there they might need saving and we have a lot of guns to face them head on"

"You talk as though you know how to handle a gun" I asked looking amused

"Well you can teach me or better still I will use a dagger for protection instead" Tolu replied and I burst into laughter falling down in the process making her confused.

"What's funny?" She asked baffled

"You of course, you should consider going into comedy"

"Stop making fun of me" She said pouting like a kid while I helped myself up

"You can't even kill ordinary cockroach but you want to kill a human with a dagger?"

"Stop underrating me girl there are a lot of things you don't know about" she said scoffing

"Really? do you suddenly have super powers?"

"You know what forget it." She said angrily walking away

"Hey wait up" I shouted running after her.

"Ok fine, we will go and check the school out but you have to stick closely to me and listen to everything I tell you."