Chapter 9

"You know instead of just sitting down here staring at him you should go tell him how you feel" I said sitting down beside Naomi who was staring longingly at Victor.

"Ah, it's not what you think oh" Naomi laughed embarrassed

"Stop trying to pretend I can see the love in your eyes, it's so visible and hard to ignore" I smirked.

"Are you being serious right now? Is it that obvious" Naomi grasped surprised.

"To an observant person like me, yes it is"

"Casted!!" Naomi giggled making me grin.

"Yea, you are right I actually love him and I've been in love with him right from Junior class but I've just never had the courage to tell him how I feel and I don't think he actually feels the same way for me" Naomi sighed sadly looking away.

"You know you would never know that if you don't actually tell him how you feel" I advised placing my hands on her shoulders comforting her. I totally understand how she feels cause I've been there.

"You know, I once had feelings for this guy. Trust me he was really cute and handsome" I smiled recalling my moments with him.

"We were friends so I was very close to him and was opportuned to admire him at a closer range. Just like you, I never had the courage to tell him how I truly felt. I was scared he wouldn't feel the same way and he would probably reject me. So I hid my feelings for him and hid under the canopy of friendship."

"So what happened? Were you eventually able to tell him how you feel?" Naomi looked at me curiously expecting an answer and I sighed sadly.

"I never got the chance to tell him how I felt, he had an accident and went into coma. He never made it out of the hospital alive. I lost him to the cold hands of death"

"OMG, Temi, I'm so sorry" Naomi hugged me and I tried to fight the tears from rolling down my face. I seriously hate crying, it makes me look so vulnerable

"It's alright" I sniffed freeing myself from the hug.

"it's in the past now but I didn't just tell you this story for you to pity me; I told you so you can learn from my experience and not make the same mistake I made. Life is very short and you do not know what tomorrow holds. So, appreciate the gift of today and make good use of it. Tell him how you feel and if he doesn't feel the same way, you will just have to move on." I smiled sadly

"Thanks for sharing this with me"

"It's nothing dear, just make sure you woman up and tell him how you feel and if he tries to hurt you I will gladly punch his handsome face on your behalf" I sassed

"Abeg oh, your hand that is like iron you want to use it to destroy my baby's face" Naomi laughed

"Fear not mi lady, I won't hit him that hard" I grinned.

"Thank you ma, I don't want you to disfigure his face. You yourself agreed that he is handsome, so I'm sure his face is allergic to punches" Naomi squeezed her face dramatically and I burst into laughter.

"Is it that one that have face like bamboo that you are calling handsome?" I asked still laughing and she spanked me.

"Ouch!! What's that for?" I yelled, rubbing my butts trying to make the pain subside.

"The next time you insult him again I will knock you" she glared at me

"So it's because of boy that you spanked me abi"

"Not just any boy oh, my crush" She grinned mischievously at me.

"Ahh, justice for my butts" I cried playfully still rubbing my aching butts. Her hand is really painful and I'm sure she left her hand print on my butts. I can't remember the last time someone hit me this hand. Even my mum never hit me this hard.