Chapter 20 Horrible Truth about Hawkmoth, found Out?

Adrien walked Marinette home after school. Then, he went back to the mansion. He was glad to have Marinette as his girl at last.

       He practiced a piano piece meant for his girlfriend.  His father saw him and smiled. Good, Gabriel did not have to remind him to play the instrument. It seemed this Marinette was a good influence on his son after all. He had already paid Lila for her spy job but decided he no longer needed her services. 

      Gabriel tipped toed away to his secret lair. He looked at Norroo, "Dark wings rise!" There, he formed a new akuma for a perfect occasion. He was sure the liar would be ready for akumatization once she found out he had fired her.

      Adrien overheard the words he dreaded most. He closed the piano. Suddenly, he felt as if he might be sick.  Hawkmoth was his father. The villain was under his roof the whole time. Why did not he see it, before, now?

       He ran into his bathroom and handed Plagg some cheese.  As soon as Plagg finished, Adrien called, "Plagg, claws out!" 

       Chat Noir pulled out his phone and dialed Ladybug's number. "M'lady, hurry to the Agreste mansion as soon as you can.  It is my father. Hurry!"

        Marinette heard her phone beep when she came out of the bathroom. She checked it and heard Chat's message. His father, what about him?

        "Tikki spots on!"

        Ladybug swung out the door to meet up with Chat Noir. She hoped it was nothing serious. Little did she know it was far worse than she ever imagined.

         "Chat, I am here!  Now, what is this all about anyway?"

         "Ladybug, nice of you to join us."

         "Hawkmoth, what have you done with Chat and Mr. Agreste?"

             "Did not the kitty tell you?"  

              Ladybug shook her head. She did not have time for games. "Where is he?"

                Hawkmoth pointed to the corner where Chat sat in a chair tied up.   The chains were super tight, and he could not penetrate them.

              Ladybug glared at Hawkmoth.   "Let him go. I will fight you as long as you release him."

               "Ha, why should I trust my enemy not to lie?"

               "I will give you the earrings if I lose."

                 "Bugaboo, you cannot do this."

                "Yes, I can. What other choice do I have?"

                  "I will not let you sacrifice yourself for me."

                   "Chat, I will win."

                  "M'lady, no it is a trap."

                   The ceiling gave way as Rena Rogue and Carapace landed on it.

                        "Ah, you said nothing about having a backup!" Hawkmoth scowled.

                        "Correction, I am the backup."

                       Hawkmoth shook his head in frustration as Ladybug pulled out the mouse miraculous and fastened it around her neck.  He watched in confusion as Rena took off the fox miraculous and tossed it to the ladybug who caught it.  He saw the heroine ladybug slip on the fox miraculous next. 

                        "Bad move, Ladybug!"    

                          "Mullo, Trixx, fusion!"

                          "Mullo, Tikki, fusion!"

                        Ladybug used her lucky charm. It was a key. Surprisingly she was able to unlock the chains from around Chat with it.  She smirked at the defeated look Hawkmoth gave her.

                         The copy of her as the Mousefox hero ran towards him and grabbed his cane.  Soon, it shattered for the last time.

                         The Mousebug copy snatched away his miraculous.

                       Ladybug stood there shocked.  Mr. Agreste was the crook like she thought. How?   

                            Chat catacylsmed the loose akuma he saw fly past his head.

                         The others left. " Mullo, Tikki divide."

                             "Mullo, Trixx divide."

                        Ladybug took the key and tossed it into the air.

                             Chat gave his lady a fist bump.  "Pound out!" Two heroes said together.

                            Gabriel was furious. He attempted to take his miraculous back from Ladybug.

                                "No one messes with my lady," Chat yelled as he stomped on his father's foot.

                       Ladybug ran home.  She destransformed and returned the mouse, moth, and fox miraculous to the miracle box.  

                        Carapace slipped his miraculous under the door, and she returned it to its proper place as well.

                        Chat showed up a few moments later with a broken nose and a few scratches on his face.   He looked like he had been in a cat fight.

                         "Adrien who did this to you?" Marinette asked as he transformed.

                        "My father he ran after you, but I stopped him. He hurt me, so I escaped."

                      "I am sorry, I did not believe you sooner as to his identity."

                      "Shh, it is alright, it is all over now."

            the story continues in Chapter 21 Bonus Chapter part 1

           Until then,

          bye-bye, little owlets!

     Summer out!