Chapter 14 Park Surprises All Around

Now, Marinette goes to the park. She is not sure why she went there, but she did. 

         Adrien goes to the park unaware that is the same area Marinette is in right now.

       Marinette sees him first. "A-Adrien, what brings you here?"

      "M-Marinette? Oh, thank goodness! I came here as soon as I could! I thought you might be here and I am glad you are okay!" Adrien says.

  "Y -Yes, I am fine. What is it? wh-why are you looking at m-me like th-that A-Adrien?" Marinette ask.  

      "M-Marinette, I thought I lost you!" Adrien says sadly.  He has a few tears in his eyes as he speaks to her.

        "A-Adrien?  I do not understand."  Marinette says softly. 

          Adrien stares into her eyes. He pulls her close and whispers, "You are pretty!  Mari,..."

     Adrien what are you doing with her?  What about her only being your friend?  Hmm, well?   Kagami says. She looks rather upset.  She feels tears fall as she turns and runs off in the opposite direction.

        "A-Adrien, are you going to follow her?"  Marinette ask.

        "No, I mean why would I?  I already have y-you." Adrien answers. He feels her shudder. He thinks, is she ill?   He reaches up to touch her forehead with his hand.

          "Awe, how cute!" Rose says. She sees Adrien with Marinette. She smiles. She secretly wishes those two would become a couple.

         "What is cute?  I mean other than Mylene here!"  Ivan says.

        "Ivan, thanks!"  Mylene blushes. She looks to see what Rose goes on about and sees Adrienette. She grins.  "Wow, Ivan, look at them!" Mylene states.

        "Yes, it is about time they got together!" Ivan says.

         "Who says they are together?  They better not be!"  Lila blurts out.

          "Lila go take a hike!  Now, do not you dare get near Adrienette!"  Chloe blurts out.

           "Chloe, I thought you want to be with Adrien!" Sabrina remarks.

           "I did, but not anymore.  I rather be with him!"  Chloe says. She sighs a bit.

              "Him?  Wait, what?  You have a crush on Nathaniel?"  Sabrina says. She looks a bit surprised to say the least.

            "Yes, so what if I do!  You cannot tell him!"  Chloe says.

            "Do not worry, I will not say a thing to him."  Sabrina remarks.

           "Same here, I will not tell either."  Mylene says.

          "The secret is safe with me too." Rose says.

               Ivan just stares at his girlfriend, Mylene. He appears to be oblivious to the entire conversation around him.

               Chloe storms off after Lila. She decides to spy on her to make sure she does not ruin things for Adrien and Marinette. She thinks those two are so adorable together and only wishes Adrien could see for himself how great he is with Marinette by his side.

               Mylene and Ivan go to get some ice-cream from Andre's stand.  Rose goes back to her home.    

              Adrien gasps. "Marinette, wh-what is it?  wh-why is your f-forehead so w-warm,d-darling?" He does realize he let the word darling slip out.  

             "A-Adrien, I-I...I uh, well, y-you s-see, I-I..."  Marinette mutters. She thinks, why is he so close? She sighs. 

            Marinette grabs his free hand. She looks at him in wonder. She places her other hand on his cheek. She hears him mutter, "D-Darling, wh-why will not t-tell m-me what b-bothers y-you?"  She leans in and kisses him. She closes her eyes. 

           Adrien feels Marinette's lips press against his. He thinks, wait what? She is kissing me!  He  sees her eyes close. He reaches out with the hand that she does not hold and gently places it on her shoulder. He kisses her back slow,but willingly.  He hears someone cough behind him and regretfully pulls free from her.

          Marinette opens her eyes. She turns around to see who coughs.  She sees Mr. Agreste there along with Natalie.  She thinks, oh no!  She believes perhaps, he will refuse to let me see Adrien again.  She feels her feet give way and collapses.

          "M-Marinette!"  Adrien screams!  He thinks, no!  He picks her up and sobs. He does not know why she would just pass out like this. 

        "Adrien, I just came here to tell you that  Lila was arrested!  Turns out she is a disappoint to all of us!  Why she had the nerve to try to stab Marinette, I will never no!  I am so sorry, son!"  Gabriel says.   Suddenly, he falls over.

           "Father!"  Adrien screams. He still holds Marinette in his arms.

           "Adrien, you get away from here fast!  I will tend to your father!"  Natalie commands.

               "Oh,okay!"  Adrien says through his tears. He runs to the mansion.  He is not sure why he did not take her home.  He lays her down on the sofa. He sits on his knees and taps her gently on the shoulders.  

             "M-Marinette, please open your eyes!  I  need you! I need you!  You are my lucky charm!" Adrien pleads with her.

              Marinette remains unconscious. She does not know why, but she cannot seem to wake up. She can feel someone hold her and thinks, I need to wake up, but how?

            Plagg sneaks out of Adrien's pocket. He sees the girl asleep. He can see the look of worry in Adrien's eyes. He pulls out so Camembert and says,  "Here, try this Adrien!"   

           Adrien nods his head, "Thanks, Plagg!"  He waves the stinky cheese in front of Marinette's face.   He waits to see what happens.

            Marinette's  eyes flutter open and she blurts out, "Ew, yuck!  What is that horrid smell?  Whatever it is get that away from me!"

            Adrien laughs. He reaches out and pulls her close. 

          "Please, do not ever do that me again, Marinette!" Adrien tells her.

          "A-Adrien, wait!  Why am I here?"  Marinette ask.

         "Mari, you past out in the park!  I  brought you here and when you did not wake up I was upset!  Then, thanks to a friend of mine, I was able to get you to come too with the Camembert."  Adrien explains.

       "Camembert, oh that is the awful smell!  Goodness, that sure explains alot!"  Marinette says.

           "A-Adrien, did I r-really k-kiss y-you?"  Marinette ask.

        "Yes, you did and I kissed you back!" Adrien says. He sounds like he is proud about the entire thing.

           "Wait, why did you k-kiss me b-back?  I am not anything to you!"  Marinette yells at him. She stands up and runs to the door.

             Adrien pulls her back. He turns her to face him. "Marinette, darling!  I am sorry.  I never meant to make you feel like you were not important.  You see, I found my lucky charm!  Only it is not what I thought it was you know."  Adrien says.

           "A-Adrien, this makes no sense!  Are you drunk?"  Marinette says.

            "Haha, no I am as sober as you!  Look, Mari !  My lucky charm is you!  I  mean it.  I  love you!" Adrien says.

          to be continued in Chapter  15  Nothing, But a Cruel Prank?