Chapter 15 Nothing, But a Cruel Prank?

Previously in chapter 14,  Adrien pulls her back. He turns her to face him. "Marinette, darling! I am sorry. I never meant to make you feel like you were not important. You see, I found my lucky charm! Only it is not what I thought it was you know." Adrien says.

      "A-Adrien, this makes no sense! Are you drunk?" Marinette says.

     "Haha, no I am as sober as you! Look, Mari ! My lucky charm is you! I mean it. I love you!" Adrien says.

      In the current chapter, "Adrien, stop!  It is not funny!" Marinette says. She shoves him away from her!

      "Mari? I am serious!" Adrien calls out to her.

       "A-Adrien, please stop!  It is nothing, but a cruel prank.  It must be that has to be it!"  Marinette says. She walks towards the door to the house.

      "Marinette?  Marinette, please do not leave! " Adrien says. He is right behind her. He hears her open the door and sees her step outside. The door slams behind her.  

         Adrien thinks, I have to go after her!  He mumbles, "Sorry, Plagg, but I cannot just let her go without some kind of explanation!  Plagg, claws out!"  He transforms.

        Chat Noir exits the Agreste mansion quickly.  He sees Marinette about to step out into on coming traffic!  He reaches her on time, and grabs her up before she can get in the way of the cars. 

        "Princess, are you alright?"  Chat ask.

        "Yes, but how did you get here so fast?"  Marinette ask.

          "I will tell you as soon as I can."  Chat says. He carries her to the bakery. He sets her down on the balcony. 

          "Chat, I do not get it."  Marinette remarks.

           "Get what?"  Chat questions her right away.

            "It just that my crush, Adrien, well he gave me a kiss back after I gave him a kiss. He claims to love me.  How am I to believe him?"  Marinette says.

           "Princess, shh!" Chat whispers. He gets lost in the moment. He thinks, sorry,but I have to prove I  love you both as Adrien and as Chat. He wraps his hands around her waist. He sees her look of surprise and gently kisses her!   He feels her wrap her arms around his neck.

           Chat  breaks the kiss. He does not want to, but he has to know.   

            "Marinette, do you love me?" Chat ask.

             "Ch-Chat, I -I  love Adrien you know this!" Marinette says.

              "Mari, do you love me?  I love you!" Chat says huskily.

                Marinette stares into Chat's eyes. She thinks, where have I seen those eyes before? She closes her eyes,whispers, "Ch-Chat, I do not want to, but yes, I love you. How?  How can I love you when I love Adrien?"  She feels something touch her mouth and thinks,how does his kiss feel familiar?

             Chat feels Marinette kiss him back!  He grins. He thinks, darling oh, Mari!  He whispers, "Plagg claws in."  He destransforms and continues to kiss her. He pulls back. 

              "M-Marinette, why cannot you b-believe m-me?  It is not a prank, I l-love you!" Adrien confesses.

             Marinette opens her eyes. She sees Adrien and gasp. She thinks, wait how did he get here when Chat was just here a moment ago.

              "A-Adrien, b-but h-how?" Marinette mutters.

              "Marinette, I am Chat Noir!  I always have been him!  I am sorry, I did not tell you before, but I..." Adrien tells her.  

            "A-Adrien,my C-Chat!  Oh, my goodness!  This is just to much!" Marinette blurts out.

           "What?  Wait, Darling! You love me in both forms!  This means the world to me, no you mean the world to me!"  Adrien says.

             "What about Ladybug?"  Marinette ask.

             "Oh, she does not want me or love me. I mean she obviously hates Chat and..." Adrien says.

              Marinette giggles.  She leans forward, grabs his shirt collar, and pulls him close. "No, she loves you!  Believe me, I know because well, I ... "  Marinette begins. She takes a deep breath.  "Adrien,Chat, I am Ladybug!" Marinette says. 

           Adrien looks at her. He shakes his head. He thinks, no it is cannot be possible. I refuse to believe ladybug is my princess.  He does not like to think about all those times that he and Ladybug fought Hawkmoth together.  Not if she is Marinette. How can she be her?  How?            "Marinette, haha!  Nice one!  Very funny, joke!" Adrien says.

           Marinette's face falls.  She thought for sure her Adrien who turns out to be Chat would believe her. She does not understand why would he think she is joking around?  She is never been more serious in her life.

          "Princess, I  have to go!  Natalie says my father's condition is worse than the doctors thought."  Adrien tells her.

         "Wait, Adri, my kitty!" Marinette says. She kisses him on the nose, then his mouth once more. She does not want to let go!  She is afraid if she does it will turn out to be another dream.

         Adrien breaks the kiss. 

      "Mari, I have to go visit my father!" Adrien says sadly.

        "I understand. Go see him!  Too bad you do not believe me that I am Ladybug!  We cannot get together until you do." Marinette says.

       Adrien just nods his head. He transforms back to Chat and leaps away.

        Marinette watches him go. She shakes her head. She thinks, it to cruel they should share so many kisses and he should confess. She wishes he could believe her!  She sighs. She wishes for nothing more than for him to remain the one who loves her as much as she loves him!  She longs for him to trust her that she is his Bugaboo though. 

       After he leaves, Marinette cries once more and Tikki hears her.   "Marinette, what is the matter?"  Tikki ask.

      "Everything!  Adrien is Chat!  He loves me and I love him!  Only, he does not take my word for it that I am Ladybug! How could he doubt me?" Marinette says.

      "Oh, Marinette!  I am so sorry."  Tikki says.

      "Yes, me too!  He went to see his father who is hurt and in the hospital.  I feel like everything is worse somehow!"  Marinette says. She feels like it is nothing, but a cruel prank that her Adrien should be her partner only to deny the truth that she is his in return.

      to be continued in Chapter  16   Suddenly, Spot Less?