Chapter 21 Bonus Chapter part 1 :Life After Hawkmoth

Marinette woke up and sighed. It had been four months since she discovered Hawkmoth's identity.  Goodness, lots had happened since then. Adrien came to terms with the fact his father was a traitor to them all.  Marinette had received the peacock brooch (another miraculous) in a package delivered by FedEx.  She admitted this had come as quite the surprise.

           She noticed Tikki had a block of cheese with her. Strange, Tikki was always into cookies. What was with the cheese?  

           Meanwhile, Adrien sat up in his bed and scowled. Plagg had a bag of cookies with him. Strange, Plagg was always into Camembert.  What was with the cookies?

             "Plagg, what are you doing with those sweets?"

             "I figured I would give them to sugarcube later."

            "Sugarcube, who is this?"

            "Ah, another kwami."  

          Adrien smirked.  "I knew it. I knew you liked something more than that blasted cheese."

          "Cambert might be my life, but my world is Tikki."

          "Tikki, as in Ladybug's kwami?"

           "Yes, you know her?"

        "I do believe I have met her a time or two."

          "Well, she is beautiful, and I love her."

          Adrien smiled.  He knew Plagg was a hopeless romantic. The old softy.

           He nodded his head knowingly. He knew what it was like to be in love. As he loved his Marinette, his everyday ladybug who he knew was the real thing.   

           Adrien pulled on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. No sooner had he gotten dressed than he heard the sound of his doorbell. He answered it to see two sets of familiar eyes.

          "Plagg, Marinette and Tikki are here!"

        Plagg perked up at the announcement his lady was here.

          Adrien laughed.  He had seen Plagg this happy in weeks.

            "Whoa, calm down there, Plagg."

        "Marinette, love, do come inside to my abode. It is not much, but we like to call it home."

          "Ha, you know you sound rather cheesy, right?"

         "Awe, but you love me for it."

        "Yes, I do love you, puns and all!"

              "Tikki told you, everybody loves the puns." Plagg bragged.

                Tikki rolled her eyes.

             Adrien gave Marinette some coffee and donuts. While they ate breakfast together, Plagg handed Tikki the gift he had for her. She took it with a smile and handed him the gift she had for him.

             "Sugarcube, it is my favorite!"

            "Oh, and I thought I was your favorite?"

           "Fine, it is my second favorite, next to you, babe."

                Tikki and Plagg blushed.      Adrien and Marinette thought the kwamis were adorable.

                  Somewhere else, Nino and Alya laughed. It was nice to be alone for a change. They were on a picnic.  It was a relief to them that Adrien and Marinette got along so well. For that matter, the two were happy for their friends.   The two made a bet.  

                  "I know he will propose to Marinette first."

                  "Oh, yeah, dudette, Marinette will be the one to propose to Adrien first."

                      Alya chuckled at the silly remark. "The loser owes the winner $25.00."

                      "Fine, prepare to lose then, Alya," Nino smirked at her.

                  The story continues in Chapter 22 Bonus Chapter Part 2 . 

                    until then, bye-bye, little owlets!

                  Summer out!