09.

Hana smiled down at her phone, re-reading the text her boyfriend had sent her, a slight blush tinting her cheeks as she and her friends rode the train to their mission. It had only been a few days since she had returned to school, and Geto was doing his best to be supportive of Hana, slightly suffocating her with his vigilance. An old man next to her grunted in irritation at seeing another youngster glued to their phone, drawing Yu and Nanami's attention.

"What'cha smiling about, Hana-chan?" Yu asked, leaning over to read her text, watching as the phone snapped shut in front of his face.

"None of your business." Hana smiled sarcastically at the boys, stuffing her phone back in her coat pocket, ignoring the question completely as Yu squinted at the side of her face.

"Who was that, Hana-chan?" Yu leaned in, a mischievous smirk growing as he watched Hana squirm.

"Uh, my... mom." Hana lied, facepalming internally. What a great lie Hana, blame a dead woman.

"Right. And you're blushing like crazy because what exactly?" Yu leaned even closer, making Hana nervous.

"Ah- uh, n-nothing." She tried to think of another convincing lie as she felt her jacket move, her phone appearing in the boys hand. He flipped the phone open, opening the texts while he hummed himself a tune, acting like what he was doing wasn't morally grey.

"Wh- Yu! Give it back! Stop!" Hana reached for her phone, watching as Nanami smacked her hands away.

"Let us see, Hana. What are you hiding?" Nanami was more suspicious than playfully curious like Yu, but something inside of him was dying to know as well.

"Oooh, here we are! Aw, a text from 'heart'. What're you two talking about? 'Wanna come hang out tonight? I finally was able to get that movie you wanted to watch'. Smooth. Okay, and you told lover boy... 'see you when I get back' with a little smiley face. Aw, our girl is growing up so fast!" Yu put a hand over his heart, wiping away fake tears as Hana blushed furiously, snatching her phone back and tucking it inside her bag this time, zipping it and holding in on her lap so it couldn't be accessed.

"You and Geto-san are so cute!" Yu teased the girl, laughing quietly as Hana's ears joined the rest of her face in turning red.

"Shut up, Yu!" Hana felt her hot face giving away her embarrassment, still not used to talking publicly about her relationships.

"Oh, don't get flustered now, Hana-chan! We heard about your beach escapades." Yu leaned forward, a devious look on his face as he tried to rile Hana up.

"Shut up!! I don't want to talk about it." Hana muttered, crossing her arms over her chest. Yu looked pleasantly surprised with this revelation, nudging Nanami who looked generally annoyed.

"Ooooh, Hana has her first boyfriend!" Yu pretended to be a doting mother, pulling Hana into a hug as she pushed him away, trying to hide her laughter as she shook her head.

"He's not my first boyfriend, Yu! But, I mean I guess he's the first one I've had in high school, so maybe you're right." Hana wondered out loud, a small smile painting her lips as she thought about her relationship. It was still new, barely four months old, but she was really enjoying it.

"Y'know, you two never talk about being together. The only reason I knew was from that dinner we had when you two were being all lovey-dovey. I am your best friend, Hana! When I talked to Geto this morning, he didn't even bring you up!" Yu whined. Hana shoved his shoulder, rolling her eyes.

"Yu, you know I'm not a public person about stuff like this, best friend." Hana sighed, feeling a pang of guilt as she thought about most of her friends and family still not knowing she was in her first 'grown up' relationship. Of course, her uncle and aunt knew thanks to Hana's impromptu sleepover with the boy, and Yaga snitching on them, as well as a few friends, but nobody from back in Shibuya knew anything about Hana's life anymore. After middle school, she'd essentially fallen off the map.