10.

Hana sat in the back of the car the school had sent to the scene, her face feeling tight from crying so much. Outside, Geto, Gojo, and Ieiri were all being interviewed, Nanami receiving basic aid from a paramedic while Hana watched. She was right. She should have made them turn around. She was the reason Yu was dead. Thinking of her friend's dead body lying on her made her nauseous with grief and anxiety, throwing the door of the car open and vomiting on the ground.

"Can someone go check on her?" The head paramedic asked, sending a younger girl over to Hana who was breathing deeply as she tried to avoid throwing up again.

"Hey, sweetie. Here, take a whiff of this. It might not be pleasant, but it helps with nausea." The paramedic took out an alcohol wipe, tearing open the tiny package and holding it in front of Hana's face, the girl doing her best to breathe in the pungent smell, the feeling of needing to throw up slowly subsiding. The paramedic took Hana by the arm, helping her walk over to the ambulance so she could clean up, the girl popping her head out and handing Hana a small pink pill.

"Put this under your tongue and let it melt. It will make the nausea go away for a few hours. If you keep having a problem with the sickness, go to a doctor and they can see if you're a good candidate to take these more often." Hana nodded, putting the tiny pill under her tongue, tasting the bitter strawberry flavor as she let it settle. A police officer nearby had been kind enough to throw a towel over the spot where Hana had been sick, helping her into the backseat of the car, giving her his condolences. Hana nodded, not having enough energy to respond verbally.

Hana closed her eyes, hoping that when she opened them she would be back in her dorm, waiting to go on the mission she had just been through. No luck. A hand tapped on the window, a tall boy with long dark hair frowning at Hana through the glass. She unlocked the door that had the child lock on (thanks, Gojo), scooting over so her boyfriend could sit next to her. Geto sighed, brushing a piece of Hana's hair behind her ear, smoothing the rest as he tried to comfort her.

"Oh, Hana..." He murmured, pity in his eyes as he searched the girls face for a sign of anything. A fat tear fell out of Hana's eyes, traveling down her cheek as she stayed quiet, her face showing anger rather than sorrow.

"I should have made us turn back." Hana broke the silence, not turning to her partner when she spoke.

"What do you mean, Han?" Geto leaned forward, wrapping an arm around Hana's shoulders, pulling her into his chest.

"Before we got here, I had a bad feeling. It got worse the closer we got to the building, and I feel like someone or something was trying to tell me to turn back, but I didn't listen. I didn't listen and now my best friend is dead." Hana whispered, her voice strained from screaming and crying. Geto closed his eyes, mourning the young boy he had become fond of over the past year, keeping Hana close as he hugged her, letting her cry into his arms.

"We'll figure this out, Han." Geto tried to soothe her, only getting a shake of Hana's head in response. Reaching down to Hana's side to hold her, Geto sat back, looking down at his hand. It was red.

"Hana, what the hell happened?!" He looked worriedly at the girl, turning her and lifting the side of her shirt, noticing a large hole in the side of her ribs.

"Oh, huh. Forgot about that. Guess I was preoccupied." Hana fell forward, her face going pale as the shock finally wore off, causing her to pass out from blood loss and pain. When she woke up, she was laid back in a white hospital bed, the scene around her looking too sterile for her liking. She went to sit up to soothe her aching muscles, feeling a sharp pain in her ribs and chest, falling back onto her elbow.

"Hana! Hey, don't move." Gojo stuck his head out of the door, waving down a nurse to come check on Hana.

"Why are you here?" Hana asked, not meaning to sound as condescending as she did.