15.

"Hi, welcome!" The bartender called to the pair, a friendly smile on her face. Hana waved back, looking around for an empty table. Towards the center of the room was a round table with two chairs, perfect for what she needed.

"You're going to like it here. They have some fun drinks. Not that you seem like a 'fun drinks' guy, but you should try one." Hana rambled, walking over to the table and hopping up on the stool, frowning as Nanami casually sat down like a normal person who wasn't barely over five feet.

"Here." Hana slid a menu over to her friend, already lost in thought about what she wanted to order. Nanami held the menu, looking across the table at the dark-haired girl, wondering what had happened in her life since she left. After a moment of silence, Hana closed the plastic-covered paper, setting it down on the table.

"Have you decided?" Nanami shook his head, quickly scanning over the menu. He decided to just go for his regular.

"Awesome. Excuse me!" Hana raised her hand, flagging down a roaming waiter.

"What can I get for you two today?" The man asked, a pleasant smile on his face as he held his pen and notepad.

"I'll have a peach Bellini, please and thank you." Hana handed over her menu once she was done.

"And I'll have a whiskey, on the rocks, please." Nanami mumbled, following suit and handing over the menu.

"Alright! Those will be right out for you." The man disappeared behind the counter, talking with the bartender, moving his hands around as he spoke to her about something that seemed to have surprised him.

"So, Nami. What have you been up to since we've been apart? Spare no detail." Hana leaned forward, setting her chin on top of her hands as she readied herself to listen. Nanami cleared his throat, forgetting everything he had ever done in his life.

"Well, um... Obviously, I finished school. I was planning on becoming a professional sorcerer, but it sucked, so I changed careers. I worked as a salary man for a while, but that was even worse, so I came back. That's pretty much it." Hana frowned, tilting her head to the side.

"That doesn't sound very fun." Hana sighed, sitting back on her stool.

"What about you? Gojo kept me somewhat updated on your life, but I have a feeling he glossed over some important things." Nanami quickly shifted the attention away from himself, adjusting his tie.

"Hm. Like you, I finished school. It was alright, I got to see some of my old friends who had stayed in the city, so that was nice. I graduated and went to college. Nothing fancy, just one close to home. From there, let's see... I interned at a daycare for a while, but decided that wasn't for me, so I went into actual teaching since I had my license and everything. I really enjoyed the school I was at, but things started to get boring and repetitive, and the higher ups started changing and making changes that I didn't agree with, so I left. Then , I ended up here!" Hana exclaimed, immediately getting distracted as she saw the drinks being brought over.

"Here you two are. Enjoy!" Hana didn't bother responding before taking a long sip of her drink, letting out a content sigh after.

"Are you alright?" Nanami asked, taking a small sip of his drink like a person with self control.

"Mhm. Today just kind of... Stressed me out I guess. I wasn't expecting to go on a mission on my first day. The kids were great though! I was really impressed seeing what they were able to do. I remember in our first year, we weren't even close to them. Well, maybe I wasn't, but still. It was admirable." Hana explained, stirring her straw around in her drink, listening to the ice cubes clack.

"Hana, it's okay to say you're not ready to go back on missions, you know that right? Yaga and Gojo won't hold it against you." Nanami quietly spoke, noticing the tension the girl was holding in her shoulders. Hana grimaced, looking away.