Chapter 3: The gremlin's arrival

It's been weeks...

Well, it's been a month or almost two by now, and her sister isn't here, yet. Perhaps Cassandra is still lingering with their hometown (Can't blame her, though). And, since that fateful incident, things start to change around her, constantly. Lynden notices that the archbishop begins to appear more and more in her daily life. It was there, perhaps, in the beginning, but Lynden didn't pay attention to it before, is it?

(Quick glances, sheepish smiles. Occasionally she receives a wink from the woman. And as the timid one, as she is, Lynden only knows to reply with a small smile or a flustered face. Lady Rhea must feel so proud of herself. The knight doesn't dare to do it, doesn't dare to return, mostly scared of anyone will take notice of the actions if they see it.

They meet at night in secrecy, of course. She likes the intimacy they have, the intoxicating sensation they share with each other passionately every night. The archbishop's touches, her soft voice whispers into her ears, her hands running through her hair lovingly. Something about the passion in her voice, about the melody...Lady Rhea often murmurs to her, soothes her after their night spent, dripping with honey in her sweet voice.

Most of the time, they talk. They talk about anything they can come up with. Works, stories, daily activities, anything trivial that crossed their minds at the moment. The archbishop even shares some of her matters, gesturing to express her annoyance, or joy as the woman tells her stories throughout the day. It's more like small, fleeting talks, chatting, as Lynden leans on the chair, quietly looking at the archbishop, who holds a cup of tea, sharing the talks.

It's warming, Lynden thinks to herself, hasn't expected the archbishop to be this merrily and wholesome, to be honest. A new, fun experience love, for it, is truly Lynden's first.

Though it's...weird to admit, she hasn't had anyone until Lady Rhea. All of this is so new to her. So, the archbishop is the one who takes lead in this. Lynden doesn't have a complaint about it.

How old is she? Erm... twenty-one? No, it's twenty-two, she corrects herself, self-blaming her own forgetfulness. She didn't think about dating anyone after she came here, making her inexperienced, and, Rhea occasionally teases, a goofball.

Having someone in her life is a rather big milestone in her life, now that Lynden thinks about it.

However, there is something the archbishop hides, she notices that.

Every time they do the act, Rhea would never let Lynden touch her hair, tightly grasps Lynden's hand whenever she wanders too close to her hidden ears, asking her (more like a command with that tone of voice) not to wander around the woman's desk.

It's not her concern much, Lynden must say, nodding obediently if she said so. She never has the habit to pry into people's personal life. So, if she wants to leave it at that, then fine, she won't touch it. The archbishop's anger is nothing to mess around with. She had seen it firsthand.)

"Hey! Hey! Are you there?"

Lynden snaps out of her thoughts, eyestrain on Alika, who snapped her fingers at the taller one. Lynden blinks and blinks again. Alika tilts her head, nudging the girl.

"What's wrong?" Lynden calmly asks, face still painted with surprise.

"We are talking about the food then you suddenly spaced out." Alika says, "What happened?"

Oh yes, she is at the restaurant that Elias talked about and went for a try. The result is that it has become their favorite place ever since. Lynden and her friends gather here together often when they have their time off. It's late in the morning, and Edmon and she hadn't eaten anything for breakfast. So here they are.