Chapter 7: Found

Flayn, the fish enthusiastic girl who Cassandra is used to seeing standing around the pond, and on some occasion, in the dining room, has gone missing. For two weeks now, knights, soldiers, staff, and the church even calls for three houses' students to lend their hands to search for the girl, even for the smallest trace of the advisor's dear sister.

They search far and wide, turning towns, villages, and also the Monastery upside down. Still nothing. Not even a hair of Flayn. Almost like she just disappeared out of existence.

Cassandra (and everyone, obviously) notices how the man, Seteth, grows agitated every single day, no, EVERY SINGLE SECOND she spots the man while everything is occurring. Anxious, of course, and stressed would be the words to describe the advisor's aura on these somber days. She heard talks from other students who heard something about him: that he lost his usual composing self, and outright yelled at a delinquent kid. That was just one time, and it already showed how bad the situation is since everyone knows how calm and stoic he always was.

Cassandra was low-key relieves that wasn't her who had to witness that.

And then we have professor Byleth, who has constantly gone around the monastery to ask about Flayn's disappearance in the hope to find any clues. Goddess blesses him, who often asks Seteth out for small tea sessions to try and help the advisor calms down, even for a bit in the middle of it all. She and some of her friends spied on them once to check on the situation and to her surprise, it went pretty smoothly for both Byleth and Seteth.

However, things don't get better. Every day is getting more desperate than the last, and Cassandra must, shyly, admit that she misses the girl's presence a lot. A shame that the Monastery loses such a soothing and energetic soul.

Cassandra respires again for the fourth time now, leaning her arm onto the pile of books next to her which she has borrowed from the library, eyes silently watching people who pass by with boredom.

"And here it will be..." Lysithea glances up from her book, spotting the girl losing her concentration. Lysithea huffs, kicking Cassandra's leg with hers, "Are you even paying any attention?"

"Heh, oh- sorry," The black hair yelps, flinching, a hand immediately placed on where she's kicked, "You were saying?"

"Goddess's sake," Lysithea shakes her head, frustrated, looking at Cassandra, mumbling while she flips back the page, "I'll repeat it again. But if you lose your concentration again then I will skip the whole thing."

"Uh huh!" The other girl nods vigorously, giving a thumb-up to confirm, "Of course."

Cassandra leans nearer to the Golden Deer student, squinting her eyes really hard to read through paragraphs and paragraphs of the book which goes on and on for two pages now. What magic book is this? Did the author try to teach the others magic or develop personalities for a fucking healing spell? At least she has Lysithea (Who, in contrast to her lazy ass, are very, VERY hard-working one), determines to go through all of the pain and labor to explain it to her.

The black-haired student attempts to stay focused, listening while Lysithea breaks down that long chapter into parts, and the lesson becomes easier for her to digest. If the writer wrote it concisely then she might have some passion and perseverance to read through it.

Cassandra occasionally glances up to look around, then quickly back to Lysithea's talk while her blue eyes dart around dizzily with words. She tilts her head slightly, musing about what she just read. She exhales softly, assuming that she has fairly understood the spells so she begins to drift off.

"So, do you get it?" The younger girl ends with a question and a loud 'thud' as she closes the book, looking up to observe the other girl.

Cassandra glances back at the girl, eyes blinking briskly.