Chapter 6: A good time...or so she thought

The Horsebow Moon is approaching, bringing along with it the fall's atmospheric feel, its chilly winds, and the harvest festival draws closer each and every day. No longer does Lynden have to deal with damp boots by the frequent rains that the Verdant Rain Moon offers, nor she's bedridden because of how bad she is with the month's typical weather. Oh, how she looks forward to this month to come!

The strong, soiled smell from the earth she had to sniff every day, and many times she caught colds while going out on the mission, or even only going out for small strolls at bad times of days. It will all be a memory, and she is glad. And in a result, Lynden finally goes out to the training field again, after her latest cold she caught when running...an errand for Rhea. Becoming a squad commander, she has to venture out a lot more (much to her displeasure). She means, both were fun, at those moments, until it wasn't the next day.

The weather becomes bearable for her, pleasantly dry and cool just as how Lynden prefers it always be like that. The bracing chill combined with the crispy air only fuels her with the energy that she will need for the coming month. She loves to inhale deeply, taking in every breath of this fresh breeze of autumn when the season comes.

(However, just remembering something, she should convince the archbishop to have dates indoors (no to sitting outside on the balcony in the middle of the night, too.) because of how cold the night can get when the weather changes in a blink of eyes like this. It's more romantic, and lovely, and all she wishes is that she could be fine and dandy like the archbishop when the month comes. She's scared of getting sick over and over again (She has been for a month). She swears she can get trauma after the month passed.)

"Just like usual, eh?" Elias jests, laughing when he succeeds in making Lynden's huff, glaring at him, "Remember when you're still a kid and annually got sick when the month comes? Swear to Goddess we couldn't bribe Cassandra to get you to go out and play with us."

"Guess there is something never changed," She adds mockingly, rolling her eyes "Remember how my uncle chased you out when you tried to call me out on my windowsill?"

"Meh, it was fun while lasted," He smirks.

"Brat." She looks at him.

"Wimp." Elias stares back.

For a while, the only thing between them is silence. Until Elias bursts out laughing, making Lynden snicker.

"Yeah, yeah, sure...." Lynden nudges Elias, as the other knight chuckles, "However, thanks for getting over to pick me up, too. I thought you have to work today?"

"Well yeah," The blonde man shrugs, "But since you have gotten better, I decided to join you for a bit of fun," Elias mumbles, "then I will go back to do the job as usual."

"Ah." She manages to say, refocusing back to the pathway they're walking on.

They arrived at the destination, and the two of them face a large door. The man opens the wooden door to the training field, hearing it creaks, making Lynden cringes a little, even though Elias tries his best to be as gentle and slow as his capability. Does it always like this? She remembers it wasn't like this or is she wrong? The knight shakes her head, sighing at her own ridicule as she steps into the arena with her friend.

The very first thing that meets their eyes is a crowd of students and knights alike standing and cheering for something. Another faux duel, perhaps? Lynden hears the sounds as the swords hit one another, clashing powerfully. And the crowd's blaring applauds are about to overwhelm the entire fight. Great. She's in luck then, didn't expect to be able to watch a duel. She wonders who are they?

Thanks to the Goddess who has granted Lynden an exceptional height, or else, even tip toeing can't help her in this kind of situation. Preferring to stand from afar and observe, and absolutely not wanting to suffocate in the crowd, Lynden stands at the pillar near the door, holding onto it, tilting her chin up a bit to make out who and who.