06 | Television Static

There were many things a person could be skilled at; driving was certainly something some people were really good at. Eddie Munson was not among the percentage of the population that was good at driving. His driving was actually kind of terrifying.

Mitch left their license in their mom's car so they weren't risking driving. Even if they really hated how Ed drove.

Dustin was the last to be dropped off, "Eddie please try not to kill Mitch on the way home, we wouldn't survive without their help." They bumped fists with Dustin as he hopped out of the van. Despite the lack of seats in the back, it was quite comfy.

"I am an excellent driver, Henderson!" When Eddie turned back inside the van, he was met with Mitch's hysterical laughter. His smile fell, "Do you have something to share with the group?"

Rhetorical question. Mitch didn't care though, "Uh, yes I do, Mr. Munson–you are a terrifyingly bad driver."

"No I am not! You're younger than me, respect your elders, Ms. Addams." He paused, "Wait–is it Miss or Mister?"

They shrugged, "I'm not actually sure. Miss doesn't bother me."

Eddie drummed his fingers on the steering wheel, "We going to yours or mine?" Mitch pointed at Eddie and he grinned, "Excellent. I have a surprise for you, Wednesday."

Mitch stuck their head out the window with their eyes closed–hair pulled back into a ponytail. "Do I get any hints?"

"Go ahead and guess."

The ride to the trailer park was spent with Mitch trying to guess the surprise, every guess was something absurd. Mitch said all the wrong things until Eddie got frustrated and revealed the surprise. A new mixtape.

The first thing Eddie did when they made it to his house was make sure Wayne was gone. "All clear, come on in." His uncle didn't care if people came over but he always made suggestive comments about Mitch and Eddie's relationship. And Mitch hated it so they tried to avoid Wayne Munson as much as possible.

"So what made you want to make another mixtape?" They asked, looking at the hats lining the walls in the living room.

"Your shitty music taste, come on."

Mitch began to protest when they stopped short in his doorway. "What the fuck happened in here?" Eddie's room was... clean. Somehow, the carpet was visible, there was a sheet on his disgusting mattress, and... worst of all–the top of his desk wasn't covered in weed.

He clapped–"SECOND SURPRISE!! New batch from Rick is like–" Eddie made big motions with his hands, "When I tell you I blinked and my room was clean–I like actually mean I fucking blinked and it was done. I even did my laundry! I hadn't done my laundry in weeks!"

"This doesn't even look like the same room..." Mitch mumbled, walking in a straight line to his bed. Normally they'd have to step over piles of clothes and other random shit but it seemed everything was put away for the first time since Mitch stepped foot in the room.

Mitch's first week in Hawkins went well. They met Robin Buckley and instantly became friends, it wasn't any normal friendship–they just came together like magnets. Not many of the popular kids seemed interested in Mitch. They did like to run their mouths despite not even knowing them.

Then there was him, Eddie Munson. He was a junior, obviously sharing a similar interest with Mitch–tattoos. That's what he said caught his eye anyway. You know, besides how much of a stunner Mitch was.

Even though they'd only known him for a week, they were already going to his house. It was in Hawkin's only trailer park, where he lived with his uncle Wayne. Mitch only saw him when they went inside, he didn't bother the kids after that.