12 | Sexy Zombies

Mitch's aunt Uma was more of a cool older sister than anything. Their parents adopted Uma right after Uma had Derrick. Mitch knew they weren't blood-related but they could care less. They had the coolest family ever (save for their very old-fashioned mom). Mitch's dad was a lot more lenient than their mom anyway.

They really loved their parents but it was so hard to get along with them.

There were these expectations Mitch was held up to. Michelle was their name whenever their mom was around. Everything about being called Michelle again made Mitch want to peel their skin off. But they never dared to correct her. She was a good mom despite refusing to 'use a boy's name for my daughter'.

Mitch had since given up trying to convince their mom that it's a gender-neutral nickname. "If it is a nickname then what's wrong with me not using it?" They didn't have a good argument against it.

The irony of it all was that Isabela absolutely adored Derrick. It made Mitch's blood boil. How could she be proud of her nephew so much but then go and punish Mitch for being the same? It was so unfair.

Uma saw that but never really mentioned it. All she'd do was be sweet on Mitch, she loved the kid as much as she did Derrick.

"Lemme see how it's healed, Mimi." Uma was lifting Mitch's t-shirt without warning. There was no tension within their form, the pair had a bond so special. Mitch loved Uma more than their own mom. Uma was like their mom and sister packed into one. "Oh, it looks amazing, you finally listened, didn't you?"

"Oh shut up, I always listen to you."

Uma scoffed and stood up, "Yea, sure you do. Your parents won't be home until November 2nd so you can do whatever you like for Halloween."

Halloween. Mitch had completely forgotten about it. Usually, they'd go trick-or-treating for a few hours and then watch some movies but Uma made it sound like Mitch wasn't doing that this year. "Uh... I don't have any plans."

"Yes, you do? Robin called and mentioned a Halloween party."

Mitch nodded–even though they had no idea about any Halloween party, "Right! I had completely forgotten, uh... I'm gonna go up to my room," Uma looked at Mitch funny but they were out of the garage before she could question them.

Mitch sat on their bed with their phone in hand, calling up the Buckley household. "Hi, Diane! It's so nice to hear from you, is Robin there?"

"She's at work, sweetie. I can take a message for you," She said.

"Oh, no, that's fine I'll just call Family Video, it's urgent!"

Mitch hung up before Robin's mom could offer an invite to dinner or something, they punched in the number to the front desk phone and waited–listening to the rings. "You've reached Family Video, I'm Robin, how can I help you?"

They smiled upon hearing her voice, "What's this I hear about a Halloween party?"

There was a beat of silence on the other end, "Well uh..." Mitch could hear Robin scratching her head, "I kinda thought you'd want to go and I'm making all my friends come so like–you have to come anyway–"

"Who's party is it and who's going to be there?"

Robin hissed through her teeth, "Steve Harrington's party–well actually it's at his house but it's technically my party. Everyone I know and anyone you wanna invite is welcome."

"So... this party is going to be small?" The rattling of Robin's necklace makes Mitch pull away from the receiver. "Okay... then I'll come. Halloween night? Is it a costume party?"

"Not really but costumes are encouraged."

They nodded slowly, "Alright–I'll invite Eddie and the older Hellfire members. Oh! Can I invite some of my old friends from the city?"

"That'd be awesome! Yea, I'd love to finally meet them!"

Mitch smiled at the thought, "I haven't really kept in touch but they might come out. I'll just have to convince them. I gotta think of a costume now!" Normally, Mitch would be annoyed Robin made plans for them without asking. But they were honestly pretty excited. They haven't done anything for Halloween outside of trick-or-treating in years.

They had a good amount of people to invite, Eddie, Gareth, Jeff, Mai, Henry, and Faith. Jackson from Hellfire wouldn't come–he has this weird Halloween tradition with his mom every year. Mitch mulled over more people they knew, Robin was hosting so that's an obvious no–the younger Hellfire members were most definitely not being invited.

Mitch knew of a lot of people. They didn't really know a lot of people though... "Allie White–she might want to come!" Then they remembered they don't even know where she lived or what her phone number was. "Damnit."

They settled on calling Eddie up. Who else would agree to match costumes with Mitch?

Eddie answered the phone with a clipped 'hello' "Hello, Mr. Munson, how art thou?"

"I'm tired as shit–what's up?" His tone didn't stay nasty for too long.

"How interested would you be in going to a Halloween party with yours truly?" Mitch twisted the phone cord around their finger, praying Eddie would agree. Despite being best friends, he really hated things that he could deem as 'popular kid activities.'

There was a dejected sigh–but it was a good sign that he didn't outright reject Mitch's offer. "Since when does Mitch Addams go to parties?"

Mitch blew a raspberry into the receiver, "We've gone to lots of parties together, Eds. My friend is throwing it, it'll be fun... we can wear matching costumes." They offered with a smile.

"Which friend? You only have like three friends."

"As if you have any more than I do–" They cut him off before he could speak, "Robin's throwing it." Mitch kept out the location on purpose. They knew Eddie would say no as soon as he found out the party would be at Steve Harrington's house. He was a petty little fucker in that way.

"What would we dress up as if I were to say yes to this... party." The way he said 'party' had Mitch rolling their eyes.

They flopped backward onto their bed, "I was thinking something gross like those monsters in Dawn of The Dead," They drew in a breath, "But... make them sexier."

"Sexy zombies? Really, I don't think I scream sexy monster."

Mitch snorted, "No, I'd be the sexy one, you'd be the gross one." Eddie laughed at Mitch's suggestion, "Okay, I'm kidding–about the sexy bit, I do like the idea of us being zombies. We could thrift some shitty clothes and distress it all and get fake blood and just be covered in it."

"If you puke at all from drinking at least you wouldn't be able to see it." Mitch could hear that he had a smirk on his face.

"Oh, haha, you're hilarious, Munson. So... I'm assuming you're saying yes?"

Eddie didn't answer for a moment, "Yes, Mitch, I will attend this... party with you. But only if you drive!"

They were satisfied with his answer, "Pfft–I'd rather me drive than you–but besides that, what size pants and shirt do you wear? I'm gonna go thrifting after my shift tomorrow so I can finish these costumes as soon as possible."

"Shit if I know," Mitch sighed, "Fine, I'll look, give me a second."