Chapter 12 - See you at lunch ✔️

Sunday was like really boring. Literally nothing happened beside me reading all day long and listening to music, mentally preparing for the next week of school.

And when Monday morning came around I wished for nothing more than the boredom back. Getting out of bed has always been a hard task for me. Especially with depressive episodes in between. At leat that wasn't the case that day. Trust me, no one that ever lived in a children's home and actually remembers it, is mentally completely stable. But I guess no one is, even if they didn't spend their live time in an animal shelter for humans. Besides that I had only about five hours of sleep. I read to long and in the end I had trouble falling ans staying asleep.

To sum up the morning went like every other one before. Except for my hours of sleep. Vince was waiting with two cups of coffee as usual. "Good morning", I greeted him and took a sip. "Morning.", he said and followed my example. Reah was already on her way to work so it was just us two. "By the way, Paul asked Jacob to ask his dad to ask me if I could ask you to give them your phone number. Or vice versa". "Well, that surely were some questions." I replied. He shrugged. "But yeah, sure". "Okay good. I guess it would be nice for you to hang out with them from time to time. They seem nice.", Vince said. I knew where he was going with that. And I was totally fine with it. I liked them. As an answer I nodded.

Aa few minutes later I was on my way to school, listening to music as usual. Vince allowed me to use their Spotify premium account and I was more than just happy about it. I mean what the fuck is up with skipping only six songs? I never understood that. Guess I'll never will. But I surely wasted a little too many thoughts on that.

I arrived at the parking lot the same time the Cullens car drove on it. Emmett who was standing in the back of the silver car grinned at me when they were passing by. A few seconds later I found myself in the middle of their group. "Hey Emery! How wa your weekend?", Alice asked. A usual she was in a good mood. And as usual Jasper would stand beside her looking like he was in pain.

"It was okay. How about yours?", I asked back. "Okay? That's all that we get?", Emmett replied while he put his arm around my shoulder. "Yes. nd you defiently got to stop that". "I have no clue what you mean.", he answered with his usual grin. "No, she's right. you get too comfortable.", Rosalie said. "Why? Jealous? There's no reason to be, Beautiful". A second later he had his other arm around her too. I just rolled my eyes but had to smile anyway. "don't let it get in your head. Your ego is already way to big.", I said. "Thats too late already. You know, for the rather quiet girl you sure do like to tease.", he answered while we were walking in he building together. Jasper and Alice looked like they had the time of their life following the conversation.

"Let's be honest, you make it easy. I would be a idiot not using the opportunities you give". §She's not wrong. ", Rosalie and Alice aid at the same time. Emmett pouted. I couldn't stop myself from giggling at that." Don't worry, Steroids, I try to step back a little next time". "No, I don't want you stepping back, you just startet opening up. Besides it won't hurt him. He could use someone getting him back on earth from time to time.", Jasper replied. I slightly tensed at that but tried to hide that with a grin. Opening upasnt really something I wanted to do just yet.

"Hey! I thought you were my brother! Aren't you supossed to be on my side?", Emmett answered offended. Jasper shrugged. "I don't pick sides. I represent my opinion. That's something completely different". Alice giggled as he put his arm around her like Emmett did with Rosalie and me. They teased each other a little more. I just grinned at that until someone said my name to gain my attention.

"Okay, so after we discussed that, Emery?", I looked to Rosalie. "What do you have for classes now?". "That's nothing of your concern. Today I'll walk you two to class.", I replied. Emmett grinned and his dimples were showing even more. It made him look even better. "Technically I'm the man, so I'll walk you both to your classes.", he said. "Technically we don't live in the 19th century anymore. So pardon, but today I'll take that part."

"You won't get that idea out of her head now. I wouldn't discuss any longer. And with that being said excuse us, our rooms are over there. See you at lunch.", Jasper said. "Oh wait!", Alice Calle out and came ack to us. "Emery, you should come to us soon! Our parents want to meet you since we kind of talk a lot about you. Mainly these two.", she said gesturing two Emmett and Rosalie. "Do they?", I asked grinning while looking at them. I was surprised to see a slight embarrassment. "Buut yeah sure! I would love that.", I replied as I turned back to Alice. "Great! See you at lunch.", she said and hugged me real quick before she went back to Jasper who was waiting a few meters away smiling at us.

Emmett put his arm back on my shoulder after he had to drop it because of Alice hugging me. I still wasn't used to the tingles in caused even though he did that literally everyday.

"I would love to walk around a little longer but I really don't want you to be too late for class. I see you at lunch.", the blond beauty said, hugging me as well. I was shocked about the amount of tingles that gave me but hugged back. It was almost subconsciously. "And I'll see you at lunch too.", she said pecking Emmetts lips. I couldn't decide who I wanted to be more. Rose kissing Emmett or Emmett getting kissed by her.

I could have slapped myself at that thought. It was not my place to be. Thinking that was almost rediculus. They were in a relationship. My thoughts shouldn't even consider going that direction.

"My class is right there. Guess I'll have to say bye for now as well, short stuff.", Emmett said. I didn't really realized we went on walking. I felt great when he hugged me as well. But I also felt fucking tiny. I wouldn't say it to him but that nickname definitely fit me.

I squealed a little when he picked me up slightly before putting me down and letting go. It reminded me of Paul a little. I had to chuckle. They sure shred some traits. "Alright, see you later Steroids.", I replied. "Okay, can we please talk about that nickname?", he asked. "Nope", I replied, grinned and turned around. "See you at lunch, Steroids."